BajaNomad

Costco

BajaMama - 11-10-2017 at 08:01 AM

Stupid question #324: Will my USA Costco membership work in Ensenada? Or do I need a Mexican membership?

beachbum1A - 11-10-2017 at 08:15 AM

Works fine. No problem (except Costco's in Baja do not sell gasoline.

BajaMama - 11-10-2017 at 08:28 AM

Thank you!

john68 - 11-10-2017 at 11:25 AM

When I checked a year ago, Costco-U.S. told me you don't get a rebate on purchases at Costco in Mexico if you use your U.S. membership.

Depending on how much you use it, might make sense to have both memberships. The Mexican membership is inexpensive.

AKgringo - 11-10-2017 at 11:36 AM

When I was in Cabo three years ago, I decided to compare my favorite Costco item with the northern version.

The roast chicken in Cabo was smaller, under seasoned, over cooked, and more expensive than their NOB cousins! The ones found in the local economy were a better deal.

bajaguy - 11-10-2017 at 11:55 AM

Buy your COSTCO chicken in Ensenada!!

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
When I was in Cabo three years ago, I decided to compare my favorite Costco item with the northern version.

The roast chicken in Cabo was smaller, under seasoned, over cooked, and more expensive than their NOB cousins! The ones found in the local economy were a better deal.

bajaguy - 11-10-2017 at 11:57 AM

Correct on the membership card, however if you have the COSTCO/Citi Bank VISA, all purchases apply to your rewards balance

Quote: Originally posted by john68  
When I checked a year ago, Costco-U.S. told me you don't get a rebate on purchases at Costco in Mexico if you use your U.S. membership.

Depending on how much you use it, might make sense to have both memberships. The Mexican membership is inexpensive.

Paco Facullo - 11-10-2017 at 12:23 PM

Last trip down I bought a chicken at the Mexicalli Costco and it was as good as here in the states.

By the way I have a Mexico Costco membership for the past couple of years ( half price ) compared to the states. Although NO rebate .

It is good at ANY Costco worldwide....

ncampion - 11-10-2017 at 01:14 PM

Went to Costco CSL a couple weeks ago for first time. It was great, all US quality food products. The bagels were just like US and they even had USDA Prime graded beef which we bought a few pounds of (New York and Tri tips) and they were great. No more smuggling Prime meat from the US for me.

mtgoat666 - 11-10-2017 at 01:20 PM

Costco chicken tastes good because it’s injected full of chemicals that taste yummy. Costco chicken is probably over 15% injected salt water.
Ingredients:
Chicken
Water
Salt
Rice starch
Sodium tripolyphosphate (anticoagulant)
Starch(for thickening or flavor?)
Dextrin (for thickening or flavor?)
Sugar
Dextrose (a sugar)
Natural flavor additives (could be many things,... this usually means chemicals extracted from something found in nature)
Maltodextrin (a thickener, but with high glycemic index)
Carrageenan (a thickener, linear sulfated polysaccharides)
Silicon dioxide (quartz)
Polysorbate 80 (an emulsifier [surfactant])

Paco Facullo - 11-10-2017 at 01:55 PM

Goat,

Ya sure know how to throw the proverbial turd in the punch bowl..

Well at my age a bit extra goodies injected in my chicken won't hurt...

AKgringo - 11-10-2017 at 02:49 PM

I am a little disappointed that there are no preservatives included! I credit them for the fact that some parts of my body are still intact. I suppose I will get enough of them somewhere else.

Good to hear that the chickens in the northern Costco's are up to par, and how about the price? The one I got in Cabo I believe was close to seven dollars US, with whatever the exchange rate was.

BajaMama, I hope you don't mind the hijack since you got your answer already!

mtgoat666 - 11-10-2017 at 02:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Goat,

Ya sure know how to throw the proverbial turd in the punch bowl..

Well at my age a bit extra goodies injected in my chicken won't hurt...

Regular chicken is what I’m am accustomed to. I have never really thought much of the injected chickens, the taste just comes off a bit weird for me, the texture and taste just aren’t chicken.