BajaNomad

Mc Master - Carr

weebray - 11-29-2017 at 09:58 AM

A friend just stopped by looking for some special screws. I've never met a screw I didn't love. I have plenty. He had a hard time describing what he wanted. I said "let's look at Mc Master Carr". https://www.mcmaster.com/# He didn't know who they were. FYI if your making or designing anything, they have it. IMO also the best website ever designed. If you like hardware stores you'll spend hours.

David K - 11-29-2017 at 10:02 AM

That is indeed a cool site! Thank you for sharing it here.

DavidT - 11-29-2017 at 11:11 AM

Had them on speed dial on the shop phone.
Cool thing was the phone would never ring, after you dialed the next thing you heard was the order desk person asking for quantity and part number.
If I placed the call before 10 am the product was delivered that afternoon.

One of the guys who worked in Spain on an Americas Cup boat said he could get materials from them faster than he could from local vendors.

Bubba - 11-29-2017 at 03:28 PM

Been using McMaster-Carr since well before the internet, their catalog was always on my desk.

DanO - 11-29-2017 at 03:35 PM

Looks like I'll be spending the rest of the day on the internet. Thanks.

LancairDriver - 11-29-2017 at 03:41 PM

McMaster-Carr catalog or website is a “must have “for any business or home do it yourselfer. Have used them for years. As soon as you call they know who you are and take your order immediately after you are established on their customer list.

Udo - 11-30-2017 at 04:24 PM

McMaster-Carr is a well-established hardware store. They are in the middle of Santa Fe Springs. (Near Whittier)

They carry about 400,000 fasteners as well as other hardware plus quite a bit of items other than hardware.

However...

To the last of my knowledge of the company (from about 6 years ago), they don't sell to the public.

pacsur - 11-30-2017 at 04:30 PM

I'm not sure about not selling to the public, but they declined to ship an industrial thermocoupler to my importer about 3 months ago, I have never had an issue with them before this.

bajagregg - 11-30-2017 at 06:46 PM

McMaster will sell to anybody with a valid credit card. I am in SoCal and orders placed online by 2 PM arrive the next day.

BajaBlanca - 11-30-2017 at 08:00 PM

Do I share this site with Les? Hmmmmmm?

Bruce R Leech - 11-30-2017 at 08:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
A friend just stopped by looking for some special screws. I've never met a screw I didn't love. I have plenty. He had a hard time describing what he wanted. I said "let's look at Mc Master Carr". https://www.mcmaster.com/# He didn't know who they were. FYI if your making or designing anything, they have it. IMO also the best website ever designed. If you like hardware stores you'll spend hours.[cool site thanks]

cool site thanks