BajaNomad

Gunfire at Cerritos Beach. Two dead.

tmtuttle - 11-30-2017 at 03:19 PM

Sitting on Cerritos beach yesterday at around 2:00 p.m. and heard what seemed to gunfire. There were about ten rapid succession shots. Everyone on the beach kind of stopped and looked in the direction of the gunfire but after a few seconds, everything returned to normal.

Finished my day and packed up and it was only when I got back to my room that I found out it was actual gunfire and that two people had died. The shooting occurred in the parking area on the north side of the beach where many of us exit and enter.

I don’t have any info on the nationalities or what precipitated the incident.

Sad and disconcerting.

[Edited on 11-30-2017 by tmtuttle]

norte - 11-30-2017 at 05:37 PM

Just your normal cartel gun battle. Nothing to worry about....That is why everyone went to braindead in a few minutes. Next time run down to the parking lot to see what the excitement is about.

bajabuddha - 11-30-2017 at 05:41 PM

Sad and disconcerting to say the least. Just a matter of time until collateral damage. The world of hate and discontent is spreading rapidly. Too bad they can't create a Tijuana theme park for these bozos... pay a fee to get in, one side of the compound for one faction, the otro lado for the other. A sizeable deposito to clean up the carnage, and high cement walls to keep in the ricochets. That way no innocents are hurt. Duke it out fair and square, winner take all. E-Z, P-Z, que no? Maybe do the same for Liddle Kim and Liddle Donnie.

tmtuttle - 11-30-2017 at 07:01 PM

So, word on the calle is that it was drug related and they were locals. The person who gave me the update has lived here 20 years and it’s the first time anything like that has happened around here.

Hopefully it was an anomaly.

BooJumMan - 11-30-2017 at 07:47 PM

Yikes! I was there last year and to be honest felt a little spooked walking outside at dark. The area had a different vibe for sure, in my opinion.

joerover - 11-30-2017 at 07:49 PM

to much meth not enough customers.
The meth dealers shoot each other for a larger share of the market.

BajaBlanca - 11-30-2017 at 07:56 PM

Very sad that it had to happen this first time.

monoloco - 11-30-2017 at 09:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tmtuttle  
So, word on the calle is that it was drug related and they were locals. The person who gave me the update has lived here 20 years and it’s the first time anything like that has happened around here.

Hopefully it was an anomaly.
Not the first time by a long shot.

mtgoat666 - 11-30-2017 at 09:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Very sad that it had to happen this first time.

First time?

It is happening every other day in baja, in large towns, small towns, and rural areas.

It’s not just cabo, la paz and tj. It has happened in small towns and rural areas too: catavina, vizcaino, san quintin, el rosario, etc...

chuckie - 11-30-2017 at 10:10 PM

Sssssh! Don't talk about it....

BeemerDan - 11-30-2017 at 10:35 PM

Kansas on your mind lately?
Admit it you don't give a flying f... about anyone but yourself, and never have.
You think anyone older than you aren't worth the time of day.

chuckie - 11-30-2017 at 11:09 PM

Thank you for your input Beemer Dan! I havnt a clue what you are raving about, tho? Miss your meds or what? LOL: I don't think there IS anyone older than I on this forum...:lol:

[Edited on 12-1-2017 by chuckie]

rts551 - 12-1-2017 at 07:24 AM

Sometimes when Bummer Dan posts at night the he gets off track. This is not the first time for this area. This time many residents in the area heard the shots, prompting many to immediately hunker down. No identification or additional information in the local news.

JoeJustJoe - 12-1-2017 at 09:19 AM

The way you handle a post like this is call BS, unless the OP can come up with a local Mexican newspaper article, confirming the shooting, and two dead, which should be easy to do, because the OP said, according to a local, this is the first time there has been a shooting like that. If so the local paper should be all over this story.

Sorry, at this point, this alleged shooting, is second hand, chisme, although the OP did say he heard the shots.

This way while the OP goes searching for an article confirming the shooting, it will hopefully, stop the full panic from settling in with the masses, and it will help the Mexico haters from using a post like this to spread fear about Mexico.

I also will take the OP at his word when he wrote this in his first post on "Baja Nomad," I'm a total kook but I embrace my kookness."

I have no reason to doubt him here.

JZ - 12-1-2017 at 11:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Sssssh! Don't talk about it....

You don't go to Baja. Why are you on here talking about it?

chuckie - 12-1-2017 at 11:47 AM

I am not , you idiot....Try getting someone to read it to you.....JIZZY

pacsur - 12-1-2017 at 12:19 PM

https://colectivopericu.net/2017/11/29/en-playa-de-el-pescad...

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
The way you handle a post like this is call BS, unless the OP can come up with a local Mexican newspaper article, confirming the shooting, and two dead, which should be easy to do, because the OP said, according to a local, this is the first time there has been a shooting like that. If so the local paper should be all over this story.

Sorry, at this point, this alleged shooting, is second hand, chisme, although the OP did say he heard the shots.

This way while the OP goes searching for an article confirming the shooting, it will hopefully, stop the full panic from settling in with the masses, and it will help the Mexico haters from using a post like this to spread fear about Mexico.

I also will take the OP at his word when he wrote this in his first post on "Baja Nomad," I'm a total kook but I embrace my kookness."

Lee - 12-1-2017 at 03:16 PM

There’s a grey area here. Sometimes joe is right. Entirely possible this stuff will only be known to locals. There is no local paper. Maybe mention in the Gazette.

20 years ago, drug deals were done at this beach. It was not a safe place. Just my take on it.

This is also the beach where poison is put out to kill dogs. Just to keep the population down. Not sure the word gets out but locals know.

Don’t personally feel unsafe but expect trouble from time to time. Just the way it is down here... or the way I see it. Whatever.

rts551 - 12-1-2017 at 08:05 PM

All you would have had to do is look at the news...but of course that would not fit your glazed over view of paradise.

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/localizaron-2-personas-del-sexo-ma...

weebray - 12-2-2017 at 09:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BeemerDan  
Kansas on your mind lately?
Admit it you don't give a flying f... about anyone but yourself, and never have.
You think anyone older than you aren't worth the time of day.

Amen, Not to worry these old ham operators that sit by their computers, fingers trembling, will, like Trump be a bump on a gnat's arse in due time.

chuckie - 12-2-2017 at 09:54 AM

That pretty well sums it up..another unintelligible profundity...

nobaddays - 12-5-2017 at 07:29 AM

Why has there been such an increase in crime and killings in the Cerritos beach area? Does it have something to do with proximity to La Paz?

tiotomasbcs - 12-6-2017 at 07:43 AM

To my knowledge this is the only Cerritos Beach shooting incident. Sadly, there have been other shootings in Pescadero and Todos Santos over the last few years. Cartels. And some crime waves of theft. Not much reporting as is bad for tourism. BCS is a small area between hwy 19/hwy 1. Living outside of Pescadero is pretty safe just use common sense and eyes open. Lots of people arriving from Northern climes for our winter Temporada. Sale. :cool:

[Edited on 12-6-2017 by tiotomasbcs]

1Bajalover - 12-6-2017 at 08:18 PM

this would probably not even make the news in L A though