BajaNomad

Warning - HSBC

weebray - 12-13-2017 at 08:02 AM

I have posted warnings about HSBC before here but in response to other posts. This bank apparently is barely functioning as an agent for fideicomisos. Lots of rumors: They are trying to get out of the business, or, they closed a bunch of branches but did not hire staff to handle the increased business, etc., etc. The point is that they are extremely difficult to deal with. The local La Paz branch tries to help but appear to be stonewalled. Several contacts have been posted here as well in other forums. One of them worked for us when trying to pay for this year. I know of several people that have been trying to get their property out of escrow to no avail. In one case a friend lost a multi-million $ sale as the buyer backed out after waiting over six months. An agent told me some escrow accounts are over a year old. If your fidei is with them you may want to try to change. If you are buying it may be best to steer clear of this option.

BajaTed - 12-13-2017 at 11:52 AM

Whoa, this compares badly to Santader.
Since our original 1987 fideicomiso was transferred in 2004 to us heirs seamlessly, I have seen the trust process go from having to go to the originating branch in TJ to deal with original paperwork to an online system with auto payment.