BajaNomad

If People Carried the Right Documents

GypsyJan - 12-17-2017 at 05:21 PM

The Wait at the Border Would be Shorter

From The Los Angeles Times: http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-letters-20171217-story.h...

bajaguy - 12-17-2017 at 06:31 PM

It would be nice if they also carried the correct documents when they crossed south into Mexico

freediverbrian - 12-17-2017 at 08:01 PM

Dose not make since, most travelers in the ready lines have the correct documents and can have long waits??

TMW - 12-17-2017 at 08:01 PM

When I lost my bag a couple of years ago with my passport in it I crossed back into the US at Tecate. When I got to the agent I told him what happen and showed my drivers license. He looked at it and said have a good day. I think my license plate on my truck told him all he needed. My drivers license just confirmed I was the owner. It took about the same amount of time as when I showed my passport.

BornFisher - 12-17-2017 at 08:35 PM

The wait would be shorter if all the booths were manned.

mtgoat666 - 12-17-2017 at 08:38 PM

The wait would be shorter if there were fewer people!

[Edited on 12-18-2017 by mtgoat666]

mtgoat666 - 12-17-2017 at 08:40 PM

Let’s all yell at the clouds!

BornFisher - 12-17-2017 at 09:15 PM

Not to mention those dang Christmas shoppers!! Probably all going to Ross or some other discount store!! Grrrrrrrrr..............!!!!!!!!
Time to shake your fist at the clouds!!
BTW I only had to wait 6 minutes in the regular lanes last Friday evening about 4:15 PM (Otay). Ready lane was backed up to the bridge, looked about 30 minutes. Sometimes you get lucky!!

gsbotanico - 12-19-2017 at 05:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Not to mention those dang Christmas shoppers!! Probably all going to Ross or some other discount store!! Grrrrrrrrr..............!!!!!!!!
BTW I only had to wait 6 minutes in the regular lanes last Friday evening about 4:15 PM (Otay). Ready lane was backed up to the bridge, looked about 30 minutes. Sometimes you get lucky!!

Almost an hour in the Sentri lanes Monday around 5 pm at San Ysidro. The time between Thanksgiving and New Years is always bad and is worse than ever.

When will we get double agents in each lane?

mtgoat666 - 12-19-2017 at 09:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gsbotanico  
Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  

Almost an hour in the Sentri lanes Monday around 5 pm at San Ysidro. The time between Thanksgiving and New Years is always bad and is worse than ever.

When will we get double agents in each lane?

Well, I yelled at the clouds every day for the last week (and yelled at my TV too for good measure),... didn’t that solve the problem?

The new tax bill and congress funding govt before midnight Friday deadly should get those double booths filled lickety split!

I heard the CBP awarded $300 million dollars to Accenture to solve the staffing problem, a 300 million fee to headhunt 5,000 new employees! $60,000 per head! They should have used that money as signing bonuses and put ads on Craigslist!

I’ll keep yelling!

dtbushpilot - 12-19-2017 at 09:39 PM

Actually a bit more than that and there is a bit more to it than putting an add in help wanted in the SD Union Tribune.

https://washingtontechnology.com/articles/2017/12/18/accentu...