BajaNomad

Dodge Trucks Have a Problem

TMW - 12-24-2017 at 03:54 PM

All you Dodge Brother truck owners need to get your truck to a dealer to check out the problem where it jumps out of park. I don't remember the years affected. Maybe the same type problem with the Jeeps a few years ago where the actor was killed getting pinned against his gate.

Hook - 12-24-2017 at 04:01 PM

2009 and later, as I recall.

Well, as THEY recall, actually.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 12-24-2017 at 04:05 PM

it's really too bad that the great " MOPAR " product has gone down the tubes over the years for whatever reason.

over a million being recalled. take yours in immediately !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

David K - 12-24-2017 at 04:07 PM

Is not Dodge/Ram/Jeep now part of Fiat?

F ix
I t
A gain
T ony

When the Power Wagon faded.....

woody with a view - 12-24-2017 at 05:23 PM

https://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic...

ehall - 12-24-2017 at 05:55 PM

Had a 69 Mach 1 that would do that. More than once it rolled away

bajabuddha - 12-24-2017 at 06:22 PM

REMENISCING......

Had a '65 3/4-t power wagon I bought from an ol' guy passing through southern Utah, bought it in '96-7(?) for $500, and had the engine rebuilt. He told me the truck's name was "BRUTUS"... and it fit. Even got plates said so. No one panel of any quarter matched the other for paint, and had the 3-high 2x6 side-rails for a cord of firewood. I could load up almost two tons of gravel or road-base for my projects in it at the local gravel pit, and drive it 6 miles to town at 30 mph with the front end a half inch off the ground (seemed like) on a wish and a prayer. Damned truck was the BEAST of the BEST.

Very small town, and alweez lookin' to find a way to bring in some kind of tourism/business/fun stuff..... thought many times about making up an "UGLY TRUCK COMPETITION" for the area and all the Locals/Navajo/area people just for fun and games. Thinking back, so sorry it never got off the ground.

Food for thought for small town thinkers to get some cotton candy fun going. I do truly miss BRUTUS, a real-deal old Power Wagon extraordinaire.

woody with a view - 12-24-2017 at 06:51 PM

Power Wagon was the best rig ever!

Frank - 12-24-2017 at 08:50 PM

Looks like it’s just the smaller trucks (1500 and Durango) with the electric transmission knob shifter. Thanks for the heads up TMW.

bajatrailrider - 12-26-2017 at 07:50 PM

Good to know as mine has manual trans best truck ever. Never liked autos.

Frank - 12-26-2017 at 10:55 PM

Oops posted too soon, https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/12/22/fiat-ch...

mtgoat666 - 12-26-2017 at 11:00 PM

Another reminder to buy a Ford!

woody with a view - 12-27-2017 at 06:31 AM

Cliffs notes?

bajatrailrider - 12-27-2017 at 09:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Glade to know your dum as ever get a Ford 6.0 Diesel that's a sure winner :bounce::bounce: Or get one with the AL body pure junk.JAAAAA

mtgoat666 - 12-27-2017 at 09:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Glade to know your dum as ever get a Ford 6.0 Diesel that's a sure winner :bounce::bounce: Or get one with the AL body pure junk.JAAAAA

My f150 has Al body, is a fine vehicle.
My Land Rover had Al body, was a fine vehicle.
Don’t be an old fuddy duddy and dismiss Al because of silly prejudices and ignorance.

Did you ever scrounge up the $10K cash? Still waiting for you to search your couch cushions and put up your life savings so I can whoop your a$$ :lol:

chuckie - 12-29-2017 at 05:08 AM

Reality is: The Dodge truck drivers who still use park have a problem. It would seem as If you knew there was a problem (DUH) you would use the Parking Brake and Neutral? May be too technical for some.

TMW - 12-29-2017 at 01:39 PM

I personally have never owned a Dodge or a diesel of any brand. I've worked with diesel generators and dealing with diesel fuel is something I hated. The last company I worked for bought a new 2000 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 with a V10. Nothing but problems and for a V10 it was a dog. After 4 years it was traded in.

chuckie - 12-29-2017 at 05:07 PM

YES! But did it stay in PARK?

TMW - 12-30-2017 at 02:54 PM

No it didn't the pin for park broke and it just rolled away when put into park. Thank god for the EB.

chuckie - 12-30-2017 at 04:12 PM

Damn! A guy from Bakersfield who is trainable! Buck must be spinning in his grave......

gnukid - 12-31-2017 at 08:11 AM

No problems here

IMG_3734 (2).jpg - 147kB

bkbend - 12-31-2017 at 11:13 AM

60's van with a slant 6?

TMW - 12-31-2017 at 03:09 PM

I never use my EB unless I'm on a hill. To much work at my age.

gnukid - 12-31-2017 at 03:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bkbend  
60's van with a slant 6?

Yep '65 A100 /6 170cu 3 speed

IMG_3723 (1).jpg - 214kB

bajatrailrider - 1-1-2018 at 10:04 AM

Don’t be an old fuddy duddy and dismiss Al because of silly prejudices and ignorance.

Did you ever scrounge up the $10K cash? Still waiting for you to search your couch cushions and put up your life savings so I can whoop your a$$ :lol JAAA Land rover total junk and your AL ford 150 good truck to go to market . Never go off road it gets dents by looking at it. Your still a scared little rat. No amount of money could get you to Baja. On a dirt bike as you need to be strong smart skilled. Chair talker scared this was your once in a life time to show all here. Your skill level is zero you wimped out. Another 10 grand hook your 150 and land rover to my Dodge see how you get pulled backwards. JAAAA love a loser tourist .:bounce::bounce:

mtgoat666 - 1-1-2018 at 10:40 AM

Did you ever scrounge up the $10K cash? Still waiting for you to search your couch cushions and put up your life savings so I can whoop your a$$ :lol JAAA Land rover total junk and your AL ford 150 good truck to go to market . Never go off road it gets dents by looking at it. Your still a scared little rat. No amount of money could get you to Baja. On a dirt bike as you need to be strong smart skilled. Chair talker scared this was your once in a life time to show all here. Your skill level is zero you wimped out. Another 10 grand hook your 150 and land rover to my Dodge see how you get pulled backwards. JAAAA love a loser tourist .:bounce::bounce:

You are such a pathetic loser!
Why is everything a motorized vehicle contest with you?
How about we have a real competition: Math? Writing? Athleticism?
You pathetic little man, you are nothing without a motor!

An regarding your silly challenges: I told you that if you can put up the cash in hands of a third party, then I will be there to kick your a$$

How about bare fist fight?

[Edited on 1-1-2018 by mtgoat666]

TMW - 1-1-2018 at 03:14 PM

An regarding your silly challenges: I told you that if you can put up the cash in hands of a third party, then I will be there to kick your a$$

I will be glad to hold the money. I'm honest, good looking, smart, reliable, respectable and to old to steal.

bajatrailrider - 1-1-2018 at 03:26 PM

Please just show up in baja buttcrack of the new year. We are all waiting. Oh I forgot just :bounce::bounce: scared. A first fight please I will pay your bus ticket loser. JAAAAA I do enjoy your company nice to know you getting up set. Your the loser that said off road guys are this and that. So I offered you a chance to show all on baja nomad Well still waiting.:bounce::bounce:

whistler - 1-19-2018 at 12:43 AM

I have a manual gear box but thanks.

JZ - 1-19-2018 at 08:18 PM

Would never in a million years buy a Dodge. Last place in trucks. Ugly as sin.

whistler - 1-19-2018 at 09:53 PM

Don’t want to get into a discussion on what is a better truck.
Owned Chevys, 83 Ford diesel,92 Ford diesel. My 2004 1 ton diesel is the best truck I ever owned.
Off road and as a tow vehicle.
At speed it handles almost as well as my race truck. I would have loved to have raced the Dodge but could not afford to buy another one to tow it.

mtgoat666 - 1-19-2018 at 10:16 PM

...men jaw boning about trucks,...
The bullchit and misinformation is flowing,...
The women are rolling their eyes,...

whistler - 1-19-2018 at 10:20 PM

I agree. Now I remember why I left this site.