BajaNomad

Stolen Suv! From San Ignacio

Bajame - 1-1-2018 at 11:13 AM

My car was stolen from a home in San Ignacio the other day. Someone stole my car keys from the Casa when I was out back and two days later at 3:30 am I heard someone in the back yard. Made some noise and got up to turn the lights on and they had turned the power off to the house. I looked out the window and seen my car being driven off and called police.:no: I was housesitting for someone. It's a 2002 White Ford Escape, white pvc pipe added to the top as a luggage holder. A few stickers on the back window, one of Frida and one of Loreto. Dent in the back bumper. Keep your eyes open for me! Mucho Thank's!

chuckie - 1-1-2018 at 11:15 AM

Call The cops! (LOL)

JZ - 1-1-2018 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Call The cops! (LOL)

You don't go to Baja. Go post on the Kansas message board loser. You add absolutely no value to this place.

mtgoat666 - 1-1-2018 at 11:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Call The cops! (LOL)

You don't go to Baja. Go post on the Kansas message board loser. You add absolutely no value to this place.

Jizz,
And your post criticizing chuckles provides what value? :?:

chuckie - 1-1-2018 at 11:51 AM

JZ is a classless pig....Most of his posts are HELP ME posts..."Where do I buy Shrimp"" How do I get to" "Who can fix'" A helpless oaf, that needs a babysitter....Ignore him.....

woody with a view - 1-1-2018 at 01:12 PM

one useful post on this thread so far. think about that!

Bajame - 1-1-2018 at 01:30 PM

??????????

del mar - 1-1-2018 at 01:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
one useful post on this thread so far. think about that!

welcome to the new year....:(

David K - 1-1-2018 at 01:39 PM

So very sorry Bajame. So, someone walked into the house you were at, found your keys, then returned when you were asleep to take your car? Wow, so very sorry! I hope you also contacted your Mexican Auto Insurance! If the local police notify the military it could be caught at a checkpoint if driven away on Hwy. 1.

John Harper - 1-1-2018 at 01:54 PM

They came in the house, stole your keys, while you were home. Came back at 3:30AM two days later and shut your power off.

Then they finally stole your car? Bizarre chain of events.

Notify the authorities, the sooner the better.

John

chuckie - 1-1-2018 at 02:05 PM

By all means notify the authorities...I was being facetious based upon what seems to be the normal response from them...You may do better..Hope so....

TMW - 1-1-2018 at 02:28 PM

Bajame I know how you feel, I too had my truck stolen at Rene's restaurant in Rosarito. I got it back a week later. I hope you are as lucky and it is still in good shape.

BajaBlanca - 1-1-2018 at 03:52 PM

I also had my car stolen when I hadn't even finished payments on it (to a friend) and insurance did not cover it since I was in Tijuana and the insurance did not cover Mexico which I didn't realize.

It was so bizarre to look where I had parked the car literally minutes before to see empty space.

bajame, best of luck getting it back safe and sound. This is absolutely awful.

surabi - 1-1-2018 at 06:58 PM

Sorry this happened to you, but you knew your car keys had been stolen-what did you think the thief was going to do with them? Sounds like you had 2 days to get the car re-keyed but didn't bother.

DianaT - 1-1-2018 at 07:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Sorry this happened to you, but you knew your car keys had been stolen-what did you think the thief was going to do with them? Sounds like you had 2 days to get the car re-keyed but didn't bother.

I seldom post, but really, blame the victim? Do you know her personally? We do and she has been in San Ignacio a lot of years. Do you know San Ignacio? If so, where in San Ignacio do you think she could have had the car re-keyed? And do you know the nature of the town?

Bajame, we are really sorry to hear this and will share it with friends in the area that we know. We love your town and really hate to hear this happened.

[Edited on 1-2-2018 by DianaT]

joerover - 1-1-2018 at 09:57 PM

does it look like this,

I found a google image-

!!" white pvc pipe added to the top as a luggage holder. A few stickers on the back window, one of Frida and one of Loreto. Dent in the back bumper."!!

Something bad happens and you then suffer through the woodchuck,
is there no end to it allĀ”

[Edited on 1-2-2018 by joerover]

John Harper - 1-2-2018 at 06:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  
I seldom post, but really, blame the victim?

I believe it's called "contributory negligence" by the insurance industry. When her keys first were stolen, it is reasonable to assume the car might be next. She took no measures after the theft of her keys to prevent that from occurring. Two days, in fact.

Did she think she misplaced her keys? No, she said they were stolen first. If nothing else, sounds like this could have been handled much better.

I had cars stolen 3 times (1 car twice!) when I lived on San Elijo Ave in Cardiff. All locked up tight (and alarmed) at the time, last one with the Club on the wheel too. I know it can happen even when you do your best.

Tip: Pull your fuel pump relay, it's usually easy to remove.

John

[Edited on 1-2-2018 by John Harper]

Hook - 1-2-2018 at 02:05 PM

Car theft is rampant everywhere in Mexico. According to this article, Ensenada averaged 7 vehicle thefts per day in 2017.

Oh yeah, murders were way up but that isn't news anymore, is it?

http://zetatijuana.com/2018/01/186-ejecutados-en-ensenada/

Bajame - 1-2-2018 at 02:30 PM

I had been looking for my keys for three days, and thought I had just misplaced them, only later did I realize that they could have been taken by someone who was casing the place. So yes, I am to blame if that makes you happier.

Bajame - 1-2-2018 at 02:31 PM

Thanks to the rest for your concern and support. Seva.

shari - 1-2-2018 at 03:35 PM

I will keep my eyes peeled around these parts...going to GN tomorrow so will watch for it there too....so sorry for you.

Barry A. - 1-2-2018 at 04:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

I believe it's called "contributory negligence" by the insurance industry. When her keys first were stolen, it is reasonable to assume the car might be next. She took no measures after the theft of her keys to prevent that from occurring. Two days, in fact.

Did she think she misplaced her keys? No, she said they were stolen first. If nothing else, sounds like this could have been handled much better.

I had cars stolen 3 times (1 car twice!) when I lived on San Elijo Ave in Cardiff. All locked up tight (and alarmed) at the time, last one with the Club on the wheel too. I know it can happen even when you do your best.

John

Do you have any idea how they defeated "the club" you had on one of your stolen vehs., John? Cutting it off would be a chore. Probably easier to cut the steering wheel, but you probably don't have the answer as to what actually happened?!?!?!?!?

John Harper - 1-2-2018 at 06:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

Do you have any idea how they defeated "the club" you had on one of your stolen vehs., John? Cutting it off would be a chore. Probably easier to cut the steering wheel, but you probably don't have the answer as to what actually happened?!?!?!?!?

No, Barry, that car was the one stolen twice, and I had the Club on it after it was recovered the first time. The next time it was stolen, it never was recovered so I have no idea how they got by the Club. It was just a Mazda 323, nothing that noticeable, but maybe easy to steal. It was a unique string of bad luck over 17 years at that house. We had no off street parking and it was along the coast, so I guess it was just a bad spot to have to park. Too visible.

John

Cliffy - 1-2-2018 at 06:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd2Op5VpUrg

You wanna see how its done?

Hook - 1-2-2018 at 07:07 PM

I use a pedal lock. A little bit less room for sawing I guess and a brake pedal is a lot stronger material than a steering wheel.

gnukid - 1-2-2018 at 09:40 PM

Can you provide more descriptive info, a picture, details, to help find it?

Barry A. - 1-2-2018 at 10:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd2Op5VpUrg

You wanna see how its done?

Yikes!!!! Kinda hard on the steering wheel. LOL Maybe slow down the joy-rider kids?!?!?!?!?! I have "clubs" on all my vehicles parked in my driveway, but none of my neighbors do---------:spingrin:.

Thanks, Cliffy

rts551 - 1-3-2018 at 08:23 AM

Offer a reward. Theft has become rampant in San Ignacio and the police have been no help unless the reward is bigger than the payoff. So sorry this has happened to you...its such an invasive feeling.