BajaNomad

2018 Supercross Anaheim I

TMW - 1-6-2018 at 01:11 PM

Supercross tonight at 7 pm PST on Fox Sports 1 (FS1).

Direct TV channel 219.

Ken Roczen is back.

blackwolfmt - 1-6-2018 at 01:52 PM

cant wait should be a great season, still Rootin for Eli again, the way Marvin was ridding in the million dollar race everybody better look out

dirt-bike-smiley-emoticon.gif - 43kB

willardguy - 1-6-2018 at 02:06 PM

KROC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishbuck - 1-6-2018 at 02:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Anahiem was my 1st supercross that I got to see live.
I had just arrived in CA with the United States Air Force and that was at the top of my list. The big time for sure. 1981. I was 21 and fresh out of the woods of Massaschusetts.
I hadn't yet given up my dream of being a motocross Pro.
I'm going to go to my storage and hug my bike today.

ehall - 1-6-2018 at 02:44 PM

1. Musquin
2. Tomac
3. Anderson
Kroc mid pack till he gets back to 100% and battles Musquin for the championship. Lol

fishbuck - 1-6-2018 at 04:49 PM

I try not to like Eli... but it's impossible.
Can't wait for Kenny to get back to full race trim. I love watching that kooky German ride. He let's it all hang out and then some.
Going to be good. Full bore motocross!

Note: Supercross is a subcatagory of motocross. (Superbowl of Motocross LA Coliseum 197?)

blackwolfmt - 1-6-2018 at 05:15 PM

Kroc was lookin real good in qualifying got 1st place even

o3dave - 1-6-2018 at 06:25 PM

Its great to have K Roc back for sure. I think this will be the year #21 Jason Anderson will be on fire. Hopefully its a good close points year.

del mar - 1-6-2018 at 06:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
meanwhile in Peru Joaquim Rodrigues isn't going to see day 2 of Dakar :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAAzPuWajGI

Bikes:
Ricky Brabec 11th, 2:37 back
Andrew Short 27th, 4:51
Mark Samuels 35th, 6:06
Petr Vleck 65th, 10:58
Bill Conger 93rd, 22:37 (reportedly a navigation error and not used to new waypoint system)
Jack Lundin (CAD), 121st on the day, 36:40
Shane Esposito, 124th, 38:59 (again a navigation error as he passed Bill Conger on stage and then went off in the wrong direction--reportedly)

[Edited on 1-7-2018 by willardguy]

gate drop at A1 and Shorty's in Peru! whodathought!

TMW - 1-7-2018 at 11:02 AM

Tomac didn't last long.
Roczen is back and should start winning after a couple of races.
Musquin appears to be the one to beat.

del mar - 1-7-2018 at 01:40 PM

and meanwhile in Peru....Bryce is done, trashed that Xraid mini:(:fire:

4 miles into stage 2? where's RG when we need him?:lol:

ehall - 1-8-2018 at 06:50 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEGaZDByptY That mini doesn't drive anything like a TT.

blackwolfmt - 1-12-2018 at 08:59 PM

Well gonna be interesting to see what Eli has up his sleeve for Houston wouldn't be surprised if kroc is on the podium #1

willardguy - 1-12-2018 at 10:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  
Well gonna be interesting to see what Eli has up his sleeve for Houston wouldn't be surprised if kroc is on the podium #1

what would MM say? :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdtY26ShL9C/

ehall - 1-13-2018 at 05:37 AM

Haha. Good interview.

blackwolfmt - 1-13-2018 at 09:01 AM

Now that's a funny interview thanks for postin Willardguy

willardguy - 1-13-2018 at 09:50 AM

Houston SX 5pm......:bounce:

del mar - 1-13-2018 at 11:15 AM

"long as you keep holding that mike...." :lol: I love that kid! stoked to see what Moogie will bring tonight!

TMW - 1-14-2018 at 09:23 PM

Now we have ET and MM set back. KR is probably the one to beat. There are a couple of rising stars that may put up a fight. I'm surprised that Cooper Webb is not doing better.

blackwolfmt - 1-15-2018 at 10:11 AM

Don't count out JA and team Husky if he stays healthy gonna be a force to reckon with. And 2 weeks in a row Barchia on the podium he's riden good

TMW - 1-15-2018 at 01:40 PM

Right, Anderson is an excellent rider.

willardguy - 1-15-2018 at 01:50 PM

HUGELY stoked to see Plessinger make the move from GNCC to SX and hit the top rung! :coolup:

del mar - 1-15-2018 at 02:02 PM

awesome two-fitty racing.....

blackwolfmt - 1-20-2018 at 04:36 PM

well just watched qualifying looks like all the injured are back for the triple crown in A2 and it looks to be great night of Supercross,,Go ET3:bounce:

del mar - 1-20-2018 at 05:26 PM

other than the long break:rolleyes:looking forward to this triple main format. expect some serious bar banging!

ehall - 1-20-2018 at 05:58 PM

well just watched qualifying looks like all the injured are back for the triple crown in A2 and it looks to be great night of Supercross,,Go ET3:bounce:

Are you at the race? Or is there some other way to watch qualifying?

blackwolfmt - 1-20-2018 at 06:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  

Are you at the race? Or is there some other way to watch qualifying?

Yeah go to supercrosslive.com and click on race day live link usually on like 6 hrs before the race on FS1

fishbuck - 1-20-2018 at 11:24 PM

That was so good! I will definately be visting my storage tomorrow and dreaming. I hope he starts!

ehall - 1-21-2018 at 07:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
That was so good! I will definately be visting my storage tomorrow and dreaming. I hope he starts!

Be careful. That comment reminds me of the parking lot after a race. Everyone's a racer for a couple hours.

blackwolfmt - 1-21-2018 at 10:04 AM

That was fun too watch for sure my boy ET3 looks like he's ready to make a comeback,,Anderson rides like he is out for blood,, Seely is def a threat and MM and Kroc I don't know what to think:?:

TMW - 1-21-2018 at 10:08 AM

Last nights SX used a different format. I only saw parts of a couple of races but it appears they used a 3 race main event format. I didn't see any of the 3rd 450 main but I did record it so I'll have to look at it to see how it all came together and the results. It appears that KRoc didn't do as well as expected. I did see that ET was a 6 and 1 in the first two mains.

willardguy - 1-21-2018 at 11:58 AM

monster energy cup that payed points instead of cash....fun for the spectators, brutal for the riders:yes:

blackwolfmt - 1-21-2018 at 01:16 PM

That's the triple crown 2 more two go Atlanta and Minnesota

willardguy - 1-21-2018 at 02:02 PM

I don't know im on the fence, either you loved it or you hated it. I do know the riders are glad they only have to do it three times. 8 minute+1 main? split the difference and make it three 12 minute mains. oh well jmo. lets move on to AZ!:P

del mar - 1-21-2018 at 02:24 PM

too much emphasis on the start....and favors the riders that maybe aren't in the greatest of shape? yeah lets go to glendale

blackwolfmt - 1-21-2018 at 02:53 PM

Yeah some of the riders didn't care for the 3 mains but others who are in great shape didn't mind like Eli, and JA, by the time the LCQ was happening most of the amateurs were spent.

Jinete Viejo - 1-21-2018 at 03:49 PM

I went to A2 last night and really didn't care for the new format. It seemed like there was less time with action on the track and more time between motos with interviews and other BS. And when did a motocross with three motos become three main events?

blackwolfmt - 1-27-2018 at 04:22 PM

Kroc was lookin good in qualifying, And JA as usual was in ready set go mode:fire:

Go ET3 :coolup:

ehall - 1-28-2018 at 06:47 AM

Tomac rode well, no mistakes. Barcia was looking good again too. Only time will tell if Roczen will be able to regain the speed he had before the injury. Amazing recovery so far.

TMW - 1-28-2018 at 08:16 AM

Yes KR has come a long way in a year. Photo not for the faint of heart.

blackwolfmt - 1-28-2018 at 12:20 PM

Eli was Super stoked and now he is in 10th place in the points race
Even the 250 class was great racing gotta luv plessinger what a great kid

willardguy - 1-28-2018 at 12:37 PM

:(....7 laps into the main the power in Rosarito went off.......but it was sooo much better than last weeks triple crown nonsense.
and don't count out my man Chupacabre yet, just takes him a little while to get going;)

blackwolfmt - 2-3-2018 at 05:15 PM

Barcia was fastest in qualifying tight track tonight Comon ET3

willardguy - 2-3-2018 at 08:03 PM

Plessinger for the win and Chupacabre on the box and Eli buried....doesn't get any better!:bounce:

blackwolfmt - 2-3-2018 at 08:10 PM

Plessinger for the win and Chupacabre on the box and Eli buried....doesn't get any better!:bounce:

Eli must have the flu great races all night

del mar - 2-4-2018 at 12:46 PM

that was some long overdue racing! can't believe Jason put a wheel on Marvin like that:lol:.....#3 might as well get ready for outdoors;)

blackwolfmt - 2-11-2018 at 08:58 AM

Another great night of racing,, Dont know whats up with Eli, Kroc must be in pain today after his mishap Ouch!!, Marvin was riden good and as usual JA was killin it

willardguy - 2-11-2018 at 09:28 AM

Another great night of racing,, Dont know whats up with Eli, Kroc must be in pain today after his mishap Ouch!!, Marvin was riden good and as usual JA was killin it

and no surprise from area51;) you could hear keith mccarty groaning....Chup' on the box again!

del mar - 2-11-2018 at 11:06 AM

KRoc's over aggressive pass on Webb has the boards lit up.....man its not like he was asking to have a trailer towed! :lol:

blackwolfmt - 2-11-2018 at 11:06 AM

https://youtu.be/Hd7uR3GYshQ

Honda HRC’s Ken Roczen underwent an evaluation at the Alpinestars Mobile Medical Unit last night at round six of Monster Energy Supercross in San Diego and evaluations suggest he has suffered a fracture to the second metacarpal in his right hand, but he’ll get it looked at again on Monday to verify his condition, according to the team.

After going down in the first turn, Roczen was making a move on Cooper Webb in a corner when it looked like he somehow looped out. He and Webb both went down, with parts of Roczen getting sucked into Webb’s rear wheel and swingarm area.

Roczen got up holding his right hand and was eventually carted off the track by the Alpinestars Mobile Medical Unit.

We will provide an update as more information is known.

[Edited on 2-11-2018 by blackwolfmt]

willardguy - 2-11-2018 at 11:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
KRoc's over aggressive pass on Webb has the boards lit up.....man its not like he was asking to have a trailer towed! :lol:

:lol:

Bad news for Kroc fans

blackwolfmt - 2-16-2018 at 01:38 PM

UPDATE FEBRUARY 11TH 7:20 PM | Roczen posted images of his right arm, shoulder, and hand on Sunday evening, which all showed signs of road rash caused by contact with the spinning tire. In his caption for the post, Roczen confirmed that he will undergo a surgery on Friday to repair some of the damage and will know more about the injury soon.

On Saturday evening we spoke with Team Honda HRC and at that time, there were no plans to bring a fill-in rider to the vacant bike. Depending on the length of time that Roczen is out, this is a decision that we expect could change.

blackwolfmt - 2-17-2018 at 05:12 PM

Arlington TX tonight Eli had fastest qualifying :?: