BajaNomad

Asuncion to Abreojos

Sr.vienes - 1-12-2018 at 04:36 PM

We have a group of four or five trucks and SUVs and we are planning to spend a couple of fun filled days with Shari at Asuncion. When leaving there to head South I would like to go through La Boncana an maybe catch Les an Blanca for lunch an a beer then go through Abreojos and back out to Hwy. 1. Anyone have an idea of the drive time from Asuncion to Boncana at a don’t spill my beer or break my tire pace.

David K - 1-12-2018 at 06:45 PM

It is 60.9 miles, graded 2WD, flat driving... maybe a couple of arroyo crossings near Asuncion (big dips).

It would be safe to say 3 hours if you took it easy. Probably 2 if you are in a light truck that has good tires (deflated to 20-25 psi to smooth the ride) and if you are in a Baja race pre-runner, just an hour!

[Edited on 1-13-2018 by David K]

rts551 - 1-12-2018 at 08:25 PM

Nice and graded between Punta Prieta and Asuncion. The closer you get to La Bocana, the worse the road becomes. Very rough the last 5 miles or so. We usually plan on 2 hours.

Udo - 1-14-2018 at 04:28 PM

I have made oyster runs to the La Bocana co-op and been back in less than 2 hours.
The drive was in my FJ Cruiser (nicely prepped!)

BajaBlanca - 1-14-2018 at 09:31 PM

It takes Les 1 hour 2o minutes to do the drive and it takes me 1 hour 30 min. The closer to La Bocana, definitely bad but very do-able! In 12 years, it has never taken us longer.

We shall be in La Paz for the month of Feb., please come before that! Great to have lunch at the beach restaurant and/or a beer on our porch.