BajaNomad

Rubens Camp, San Felipe

bajamary1952 - 1-13-2018 at 05:44 PM

Boy is it windy in San Felipe today! I'm staying here tent camping (sleepinn in my car due to cold at night). 200 mxn/day. Wi-fi, electricity etc. all amenites you'd expect at a RV park. Surprisingly, there are quite a few RVs and campers in all the parks here on the bay but I'm the only tent camper.

advrider - 1-13-2018 at 07:03 PM

Is that the one next to KIkis on the North end of San Felipe? We stayed at KIkis a couple of years ago with some Canadians that have been wintering there for 10+ years, cool little place.

bajamary1952 - 1-14-2018 at 11:35 AM

All of these places seem to have more Canadians than Americans. Rubens place is much less crowded than Kiki's - or at least this week. I prefer Campo Turistico No. 1 which is a little farther north of this area as it is secluded with much less noise (I don't have to use earplugs at night there). They have same services at 200 mxn/300mxn night depending on # of nights you stay. The only problem is the wind; I think because it is in a cove the wind is stronger there than the other places esp. if you have a tent. Hopefully I will return to No. 1 in a couple of days when the wind subsides.