BajaNomad

dragon

David K - 1-18-2018 at 08:58 AM

Welcome to Nomad!
How or where did you hear of this Baja Dragon place?

dragon

eric - 1-18-2018 at 10:24 AM

Does anybody know a Dragon Canyon/ Dragon Plateau near Juarez mountains and constitution 1857 park? Thanks for the help.

AKgringo - 1-18-2018 at 11:28 AM

Damn David, you're good at this! You were able to anticipate the question, and reply an hour and a half before it was posted!

David K - 1-18-2018 at 11:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Damn David, you're good at this! You were able to anticipate the question, and reply an hour and a half before it was posted!

I guess!!?? Nomad is haunted! My reply got moved above the question somehow?

BajaNomad - 1-18-2018 at 12:04 PM

They go in timestamp order... and with the server somehow losing the accurate time, there are some mis-matches in the posts over the past 24 hours or so.

I am of the understanding the server issue is resolved, but please alert me if this continues today or whenever.

Thank you.

AKgringo - 1-18-2018 at 12:21 PM

I figured that was the case. The post is about "a dragon", and I just couldn't resist yanking it's tail!

caj13 - 1-18-2018 at 04:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I figured that was the case. The post is about "a dragon", and I just couldn't resist yanking it's tail!

check again, that might not be the tail you are yanking? :rolleyes:

eric - 1-19-2018 at 03:09 AM

Actually, I dreamt it, all the way from the Netherlands and I recognized the landscape I saw through the internet.. in the area I got indicated, in Sierra de Juarez, near Constitution 1857 Parc...but I couldn't find a Dragon Valley, or Dragon Canyon on any map. A friend in Phoenix had heard about it though, she thought. Than I found BajaNomad on the internet and wondered if you guys had a clue. I would be happy if you did.

wilderone - 1-19-2018 at 02:28 PM

Given the challenge, I looked very carefully in my large, detailed topographic map book - several pages - very carefully - and did not find a plateau, canyon, mesa, valle or rancho called Dragon in the area you describe. Maybe your dream was Baja Fever.

eric - 1-19-2018 at 04:56 PM

Well, thank's a lot for your help. I guess Baja fever....yes. Sorry for bothering you! It's great to find out you live in a beautiful part of the world though. Thank's again!

David K - 1-19-2018 at 04:59 PM

Keep on dreaming Eric!
Most of us on Nomad do not live in our Shagra-la land of Baja so we come here to get our daily fix!

You are welcome to ask away to learn more about Baja California here...

eric - 1-19-2018 at 05:12 PM

Thanks a lot, sound promising !

David K - 1-19-2018 at 05:19 PM

Did you bring any goodies from Holland, like stroopwafels? :bounce:

eric - 1-21-2018 at 06:00 AM

I'm in Holland, country of the stroopwafels. You know the national hick-ups of this small nation?

BajaBlanca - 1-21-2018 at 07:26 AM

We just had stroopwafels for the first time a week ago. They are good. Les's daughter gave him some for xmas. What a small world.

If Dragon canyon or mountain doesn't exist, we should create one somewhere, such a great name!

eric - 1-21-2018 at 07:42 AM

Thank's for the invite.
Who knows.
You guys make me curious about your country!

wilderone - 1-21-2018 at 08:38 AM

Dreaming about it a continent away should tell you something. Go!

David K - 1-21-2018 at 08:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by eric  
I'm in Holland, country of the stroopwafels. You know the national hick-ups of this small nation?

Oh yes, my first wife and mother of my two children has Dutch parents. Her dad was an engineer for Royal Dutch Shell Oil. Loving the sea and fishing, he was attracted to Baja California after they migrated to California in the early 1960s. I met my future wife and her parents while they were camping in Baja, in 1984. I proposed the following year in the mountains of Baja!
There is a Dutch store in Artesia, CA where they would buy stroopwafels, double salt licorice and other Dutch and Indonesian treats (Indonesia was a Dutch colony before WW II... for those unfamilar with the Netherlands).

[Edited on 1-21-2018 by David K]

David K - 1-21-2018 at 08:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
We just had stroopwafels for the first time a week ago. They are good. Les's daughter gave him some for xmas. What a small world.

If Dragon canyon or mountain doesn't exist, we should create one somewhere, such a great name!

Great idea! What is dragon in Spanish?

wilderone - 1-21-2018 at 10:40 AM

I looked it up - it's Dragon - emphasis second syllable