BajaNomad

Border wall prototypes

paul r - 1-25-2018 at 10:33 PM

Hi gang, does anybody know where the prototypes are exactly, and can you get close to check them out?... just for fun?!?... thanks....

bajaguy - 1-25-2018 at 10:41 PM

Every day, border agents shuttle in news crews to shoot video of the busy construction site just east of the Otay Mesa port of entry

Quote: Originally posted by paul r  
Hi gang, does anybody know where the prototypes are exactly, and can you get close to check them out?... just for fun?!?... thanks....

mtgoat666 - 1-26-2018 at 06:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paul r  

“Just for fun”. Huh? The USA/Mexico border seems like a very sad place, the wall to me just seems to represent the bad side of the human condition. Poverty. Misery. Injustice. Life is cruel.
But, hey, I suppose some people find that “fun” :(

Anyhow,
Trump built his silly prototypes in otay Mesa,... so go have some “fun”
For Best fun, you should view them from the Mexico side, that is closest you can get

stiladam - 1-26-2018 at 08:28 AM

I looked this up a while back out of curiosity. I don't think the public can access the location.

This link has a good look at the prototypes. It's crazy that each of these approx. 30 ft. sections cost 350K to 500K each :o

That's over 70M per mile a @ 400K per 30ft

https://timesofsandiego.com/business/2017/11/22/tall-orders-...

[Edited on 1-26-2018 by stiladam]

Paco Facullo - 1-26-2018 at 09:59 AM

What ?
The government concern themselves with a little thing like money ?

NO way, they will simply have the Federal Reserve print more. Or
raise taxes or BOTH....

paranewbi - 1-26-2018 at 11:02 AM

Calm down guys...it's called prototypes. The initial design and compliance period of construction is always the greatest investment pound for pound.
The particular demands of the government's needs in the substance of the individual panels is initially costly due to engineering the unit. The subsequent production of mass units is greatly reduced as compared to a one and done offering such as you see on your TV's.

But then again I have heard some complain about the cost of constructing those big walls surrounding their baja houses.

And I have yet to hear anyone talk about how they decided to tear down their walls around their property here in the states to diminish the "poverty, misery, injustice, cruel life" of their neighbors here in the states. And certainly not from anyone in San Diego.

soylent_green - 1-26-2018 at 02:59 PM

you can't go see them. At least up close.

Type in 10145 Via de La Amstad and thats as close as you can - maybe 1/2 mile or so EAST of it.

Go
Siempre Viva Road east - dead ends on
Enrico Fermi Dr. south - Where it dead ends on Via De La Amstad, look east under the overpass.

There usually is a border patrol car there, so don't expect to be let in.

SD county residents footing the bill for security of the prototypes by $2.6 million dollars. http://www.newsweek.com/trumps-border-wall-has-been-financia...

[Edited on 1-26-2018 by soylent_green]

Cliffy - 1-26-2018 at 04:24 PM

I hear they are going to hire experts and SEALs to test the walls Why not just hire coyotes and give them a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card if they get over them? :-) :-) I'll bet they will find a way.