Bringing my zodiac into baja

bike4mee - 1-26-2018 at 07:23 AM

I know this subject has been posted many times but it seems like 2018 has new fees and regs?
Can I just go across at Mexicalli east pulling my 17' inflatable. Stop in INM get a TIP app for boat, then go to banjercito to pay for it? Same as FMM?
If I have all my paperwork in order can it be simple?

DiscoverBaja says you have to start 2 weeks ahead of time with the application. We are planning on going Feb 8th. Come on veterans, is this complicated or what? Anybody know the latest fees for boat entry?

woody with a view - 1-27-2018 at 10:43 AM

Start two weeks early if you want them to do it for you or if relying on mail. Show up and you’ll be on your way quick. Bring copies of all documents.

JZ - 1-27-2018 at 01:23 PM

Just show up. Make sure you have original docs. They will want copies of all docs, but will demand to see the originals.

I learned this the hard way with a color copy of my coastguard certificate of documentation. I didn't even realize it was a copy, but the hawk eye at banjercito did.

caj13 - 1-27-2018 at 01:43 PM

for someone who has never tried this, but is contempating this very thing - exactly what paperwork will they be wanting to see?

woody with a view - 1-27-2018 at 02:31 PM

registration for every item being imported. DL, FMM etc....

bajabuddha - 1-27-2018 at 02:58 PM

Legally your boat needs to be currently registered, tagged and numbered in your home State. Your trailer needs to be also... at least used to be when crossing the border. You should have that paperwork with along with the usual lettuce.

gnukid - 1-28-2018 at 06:33 AM

TIP is required for boats larger than 4.5 meters

basautter - 1-29-2018 at 06:24 PM

Last fall I crossed the border at San Felipe and heading to Gonzaga. I was told at the border that I did not need a TIP. Was I misinformed ?