BajaNomad

Fishing & other critter report from Bahia Asuncion

shari - 1-26-2018 at 08:59 AM

Fishing here has been running hot and cold like a Baja shower!;D
Yesterday....as fate would have it....was hot....at least for Rossman who we greeted during our Island Nature Tour. He held up 7 fingers for the 7 yellowtail he had just caught!

oh wait...sorry...Susan didnt actually catch this fish but she's nicer to look at than Ross who tossed it into our panga to feed the gang later that night...(I think really he just didnt want to clean it)

We had a wonderful day on the water, fishing a bit, touring the island, snorkeling with sea lions and whale watching. The trip started off with some whales speeding on south. Then played with the seals and sea lions for a couple hours!

I didnt see any booby birds but the pelicans have their red breeding colours on their pouches now.

Such a great day and perfect summer-like weather...all week!!!

Paco Facullo - 1-26-2018 at 09:53 AM

Good times in Bahia Asuncion was had by all ...

Just wish I could have been there for the sashimi on the patio.....

Great photos, thanks Shari

aguachico - 1-26-2018 at 02:16 PM

NICE!
He didn't want to clean it.

basautter - 1-26-2018 at 04:59 PM

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Never been to Bahia Asuncion, but it's on my list for next year! Inspired by pics from Baja Nomad, of course! :bounce::bounce:

shari - 1-26-2018 at 06:36 PM

We look forward to showing you around our little paradise whenever you can get over here!

fishbuck - 1-26-2018 at 08:20 PM

It never gets old.. thanks.

BornFisher - 1-26-2018 at 08:47 PM

Great pics, thanks for taking us along!
I`m sure Ross meant he hooked up 7 times but let a few go!!
Ross-- congrats on finding them again! You da MAN!!!!

Rossman - 1-27-2018 at 02:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Great pics, thanks for taking us along!
I`m sure Ross meant he hooked up 7 times but let a few go!!
Ross-- congrats on finding them again! You da MAN!!!!

Yup, I release probably 80% of my fish. I had three that would have died if released so I found folks willing to take them off my hands.