BajaNomad

Directv

bajatomas - 1-31-2018 at 05:44 PM

Can I watch Directv via internet or any other way in Baja sur?

tiotomasbcs - 1-31-2018 at 06:04 PM

I believe Not. Few years back satellites moved around and fortunately DishTv has a strong signal right overhead. TV with local networks available thru Sat guys in most areas. Just don't tell them where you are. Good luck.

JZ - 1-31-2018 at 06:41 PM

You can watch it with their app over the internet on your laptop if you use a vpn to mask your location (i.e. make it look like you are in the US).

A Directv dish should work as well, at least in the upper part of Baja. Works in San Carlos in Sonora.

LancairDriver - 1-31-2018 at 08:28 PM

Directv has worked for me as far south as Catalina. After that no op with the standard size RV antenna at least.

mtnpop - 1-31-2018 at 09:07 PM

you can use a slingbox unit set up at your home to send the signal over the internet to another device. We used it for years with very good luck... watched on a laptop or a tv with a WD box..

Sling box units are available on ebay and Amazon....

buena suerte

JZ - 1-31-2018 at 09:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtnpop  
you can use a slingbox unit set up at your home to send the signal over the internet to another device. We used it for years with very good luck... watched on a laptop or a tv with a WD box..

buena suerte

You don't need slingbox anymore, Directv has a streaming app now.

John Harper - 2-1-2018 at 08:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by mtnpop  

buena suerte

You don't need slingbox anymore, Directv has a streaming app now.

Get a Roku and plug it into a TV if you have WiFi. Works great.

John

JZ - 2-1-2018 at 09:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

[/rquote]

Get a Roku and plug it into a TV if you have WiFi. Works great.

John

With a smart tv like a Samsung you don't need Apple TV or Roku. It's built in.