BajaNomad

Looking for someone to tow my trailer north

Pages:  1  

imlost - 2-5-2018 at 06:58 PM

I'm looking for someone to tow my small-ish enclosed trailer from the East Cape / Los Barriles to Oregon. If you're making the trip anyway, and are willing to tow this for me, I will pay for a substantial portion of your fuel. I need this done between now and mid-May. The trailer will be empty, and weighs 2300 lbs. It's single axle. The trailer is light enough that it can be towed with a smaller SUV or pickup.

I'm in Portland, but I can pick it up anywhere in Oregon along the I-5 corridor or anywhere in Central Oregon. PM/U2U me if you're interested.

[Edited on 2-6-2018 by imlost]

pacificobob - 2-6-2018 at 07:13 AM

a portion of the gas money? that's quite an offer.

imlost - 2-6-2018 at 09:08 AM

Significant.
$415
It's 2076 miles. Gas $3.00/gallon @ 15mpg
Interested, Bob?

David K - 2-6-2018 at 11:11 AM

Remember to notify your Mexican auto insurance company before towing as it can void a claim on your policy if towing is not included on what you bought.

Q ?

MrBillM - 2-6-2018 at 11:46 AM

Is it legal (in Mex) to tow (and covered by insurance) if the trailer is registered to a party different from the tow vehicle and that party isn't present ?

pacificobob - 2-6-2018 at 12:16 PM

27 cents @ mile. if you don't get any takers here there are several services that do that sort of work. however, it might cost more. here is a link.
www.bbajawheeling.com/info

RnR - 2-6-2018 at 12:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
Is it legal (in Mex) to tow (and covered by insurance) if the trailer is registered to a party different from the tow vehicle and that party isn't present ?

I do just that twice a year with my neighbor's trailer. No problem.

Sometimes Mex Customs checks the registration/VIN number of the trailer but they have never questioned the ownership.

I actually have a permission letter from my neighbor but have never had to show it as verification.

US Customs absolutely just does not care. No comments or questions. Ever. Even with a third friend's motorcycle in the trailer.

RnR - 2-6-2018 at 12:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by imlost  
Significant.
$415
It's 2076 miles. Gas $3.00/gallon @ 15mpg
Interested, Bob?

I can only dream of getting 15 mpg while towing.

Our truck is more like 10 mpg. Doesn't seem to matter if the cargo trailer is empty or full.

bajaguy - 2-6-2018 at 02:08 PM

The question was about insurance, not crossing the border

Quote: Originally posted by RnR  

I do just that twice a year with my neighbor's trailer. No problem.

Sometimes Mex Customs checks the registration/VIN number of the trailer but they have never questioned the ownership.

I actually have a permission letter from my neighbor but have never had to show it as verification.

US Customs absolutely just does not care. No comments or questions. Ever. Even with a third friend's motorcycle in the trailer.

imlost - 2-7-2018 at 09:30 AM

I'm not actually asking any questions, but thank you for the suggestions, guys.

This doesn't have to be complicated. If you're driving back to the US for the summer and are willing to tow my small trailer when you go, I'm going to pay for most or all of your gas. If you have concerns about anything, I'll work with you to make it go smoothly. I just don't have the time to drive it north right now.

chavycha - 2-7-2018 at 03:02 PM

how long is the trailer? enclosed or open?

imlost - 2-7-2018 at 03:25 PM

It's enclosed. It's 14' x 6'-6"w x 6'-8"h. It's light enough to pull with a small SUV or light pickup, even when full.

JZ - 2-7-2018 at 04:49 PM

This doesn't have to be complicated. If you're driving back to the US for the summer and are willing to tow my small trailer when you go, I'm going to pay for most or all of your gas. If you have concerns about anything, I'll work with you to make it go smoothly. I just don't have the time to drive it north right now.

Quit trying to be a cheap ass and offer someone some real money.

Gas money... lol...

John Harper - 2-7-2018 at 04:54 PM

Maybe they can stop and get that poor kid's teddy bear in San Felipe too. Unless the trailer is already stuffed with drugs.

John

[Edited on 2-7-2018 by John Harper]

John Harper - 2-7-2018 at 04:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Gas money... lol...

Just the anxiety of hauling someone else's property through Baja would give me pause. Too many variables to make just gas money worth it.

But, everyone has their price. I wish you good luck.

John

[Edited on 2-8-2018 by John Harper]

imlost - 2-7-2018 at 05:35 PM

Do you guys ever even stop to think before you type such negative/hateful crap? You really should. It makes it so unpleasant for everyone else.
I'm looking for help. If you don't want to be of assistance, why even bother to comment?

pacsur - 2-7-2018 at 06:09 PM

Check your u2u

del mar - 2-7-2018 at 06:29 PM

Do you guys ever even stop to think before you type such negative/hateful crap? You really should. It makes it so unpleasant for everyone else.
I'm looking for help. If you don't want to be of assistance, why even bother to comment?

its what they do......:(

dtbushpilot - 2-7-2018 at 06:33 PM

You've probably figured out by now that this isn't the Baja web site to visit for help or advice. You'd have a lot more luck at another Baja info site....any other site...

Sorry you got "Baja Nomaded" imlost...

JZ - 2-7-2018 at 07:44 PM

If you made a reasonable request that would be one thing. But you are asking someone to do a hell of a thing and assume a ton of liability. The amount of things that could go wrong are countless. Someone could end up in a lot of hot water, owe you a lot, get in trouble with the authorities.

And all for free basically.

[Edited on 2-8-2018 by JZ]

Pathetic

Chup - 2-7-2018 at 07:53 PM

Gas money... lol...

I've been a lurker for while and I need to speak up.

This forum has been an extremely valuable resource to me for the entire spectrum of the "Baja experience", but I imagine too, to countless others who appreciate the wisdom of those who share their knowledge; however, this cr*p from dissenters only pollutes and confuses valid requests/questions.

Why sh*t on someone asking for help? Why trash someone's idea?

This site needs a Moderator. No, actually a few "real" Moderator's to keep posts on task, thin the shat, and tame the outcasts. Time for someone to take the time to tame the "trolls" or other fools who only have time to only want to attack others.

:light:

[Edited on 2-8-2018 by Chup]

JZ - 2-7-2018 at 07:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Chup  

This forum has been an extremely valuable resource to me for the entire spectrum of the "Baja experience", but I imagine too, to countless others who appreciate the wisdom of those who share their knowledge; however, this cr*p from dissenters only pollutes and confuses valid requests/questions.

This site needs a Moderator. No, actually a few "real" Moderator's to keep posts on task, thin the shat, and tame the outcasts. Time for someone to take the time to tame the "trolls" or other fools who only have time to only want to attack others.

You have been here for 5 mins bud. Do you have any idea the risk this guy is asking someone to undertake for a couple tanks of gas.

Maybe someone speaking up will save someone a lifetime of grief and regret.

Chup - 2-7-2018 at 08:09 PM

[/rquote]

You have been here for 5 mins bud. Do you have any idea the risk this guy is asking someone to undertake for a couple tanks of gas.

Maybe someone speaking up will save someone a lifetime of grief and regret.

Like I said; i've been lurking here for awhile. My join date doesn't coincide with when I've been appreciating the wisdom of the forum.

And to be fair, yeah you've been posting here for quite sometime, but so what? What does that have to do with being a decent person? Are you too jaded to be open to provide even-handed feedback? Do you need to be an ass in slamming the OP that he MAY be asking too much? Same amount of time to type each.

I've felt it necessary to chime in b/c I think you really could have given something constructive with what I've seen in your postings, but you seem to just want to pile on - like other's have here - any MANY other postings across the board.

MMc - 2-7-2018 at 08:24 PM

I will not take a trailer to Baja. I have seen to many accidents and close calls to believe it is safe. I know 3 people who lives were changed by hitting a truck with a trailer. To ask somebody to take their trailer north is a asking them to add additional risk. I would be very worried about their stuff as well. I don'e see how this is a good idea at any price, let alone gas money. Your milage may very.

imlost - 2-7-2018 at 08:58 PM

A lot of assumptions are being made, and it's mixed-in with negativity, sarcasm, and ridicule. Nothing I'm suggesting is illegal, immoral, dangerous, unjust, or unfair. I haven't mentioned anything about insurance or liability, because frankly, it's unnecessary to talk about it until I find someone who is seriously interested in taking on this task. For those of you who don't like this idea: I'm not asking for your help, and you don't have anything positive to add to this conversation, why not just let it go? You're not going to change anything by bashing me, my trailer, my idea, etc.

I very much appreciate input from those who are offering constructive criticism. On the other hand, I'm really getting sick of reading all of the insults, shaming, etc. I totally agree: This forum needs moderators.

I think you naysayers are smart enough to look through my past posts and can easily determine that I don't have a corrupt agenda. I'm your neighbor, and a pretty damn good one at that, and I'm simply asking for help, and am willing to pay for it. I really don't care if your truck gets bad gas mileage, if you don't like trailers, or if you're worried about drug smuggling, or if I'm not offering enough money for you. If you don't like me or my idea or what I'm offering, I'm willing to talk about it with you privately - as adults. My request thread is not the place for you to vent your opinion. It just makes YOU look bad when you bash other people for no good reason.

JZ - 2-7-2018 at 09:57 PM

A lot of assumptions are being made, and it's mixed-in with negativity, sarcasm, and ridicule. Nothing I'm suggesting is illegal, immoral, dangerous, unjust, or unfair. I haven't mentioned anything about insurance or liability, because frankly, it's unnecessary to talk about it until I find someone who is seriously interested in taking on this task. For those of you who don't like this idea: I'm not asking for your help, and you don't have anything positive to add to this conversation, why not just let it go? You're not going to change anything by bashing me, my trailer, my idea, etc.

I very much appreciate input from those who are offering constructive criticism. On the other hand, I'm really getting sick of reading all of the insults, shaming, etc. I totally agree: This forum needs moderators.

I think you naysayers are smart enough to look through my past posts and can easily determine that I don't have a corrupt agenda. I'm your neighbor, and a pretty damn good one at that, and I'm simply asking for help, and am willing to pay for it. I really don't care if your truck gets bad gas mileage, if you don't like trailers, or if you're worried about drug smuggling, or if I'm not offering enough money for you. If you don't like me or my idea or what I'm offering, I'm willing to talk about it with you privately - as adults. My request thread is not the place for you to vent your opinion. It just makes YOU look bad when you bash other people for no good reason.

I'll speak up, because I don't want some poor soul to do something really stupid.

It would be a terrible idea for someone to drive that up without proper insurance. For you and them. Not even convinced its even legal or you can get insurance for that scenario.

And your tone leads me believe you'd bail on them in a pitch. If you were serious about doing this the legit way you'd post insurance info. But the surrounding facts make me believe you haven't given it much thought.

The magnitude of what you asking someone to risk is off the charts.

And who knows what's in that thing. That's a whole other discussion.

Sorry, this is a bad, bad idea. Pay the money and have a business do this for you. But it will be more than gas money.

imlost - 2-7-2018 at 11:11 PM

Wow. I'd say that this is 'unbelievable', but I'm really not shocked at all anymore about the crap that gets slung by some of the people on this forum. It's so immature and hateful.

I know I'm probably going to regret responding to you, but I believe you're trying to slander me, and I'm not going to just sit back and take it.

I'd like to clarify that you're the only one who's suggesting not having insurance for this trip. I'm not going to post my insurance information - I don't have anything to prove to you, and I don't owe you any explanation. Here's a rhetorical question for you -
Why are you attacking me? Is it because you really care about the welfare of other people?

For those who really want to know: The trailer is completely empty - no cargo. There's no secret plot, no hidden agenda, no collusion. It's just a trailer, and I'm just a dude with no extra time right now to go get it. If I don't find someone to do this, I'll store it at my casa and I'll live without it this summer.

I'm laughing out loud right now as I type this. I could never have guessed my simple request could have stirred up so much negativity and paranoia. Maybe some of you guys shouldn't have retired so early. You're forgetting what it's like to be a good neighbor and a human.

I'll speak up, because I don't want some poor soul to do something really stupid.

It would be a terrible idea for someone to drive that up without proper insurance. For you and them. Not even convinced its even legal or you can get insurance for that scenario.

And your tone leads me believe you'd bail on them in a pitch. If you were serious about doing this the legit way you'd post insurance info. But the surrounding facts make me believe you haven't given it much thought.

Sorry, this is a bad, bad idea. Pay the money and have a business do this for you. But it will be more than gas money.

mtgoat666 - 2-7-2018 at 11:32 PM

Wow. I'd say that this is 'unbelievable', but I'm really not shocked at all anymore about the crap that gets slung by some of the people on this forum. It's so immature and hateful.

I know I'm probably going to regret responding to you, but I believe you're trying to slander me, and I'm not going to just sit back and take it.

I'd like to clarify that you're the only one who's suggesting not having insurance for this trip. I'm not going to post my insurance information - I don't have anything to prove to you, and I don't owe you any explanation. Here's a rhetorical question for you -
Why are you attacking me? Is it because you really care about the welfare of other people?

For those who really want to know: The trailer is completely empty - no cargo. There's no secret plot, no hidden agenda, no collusion. It's just a trailer, and I'm just a dude with no extra time right now to go get it. If I don't find someone to do this, I'll store it at my casa and I'll live without it this summer.

I'm laughing out loud right now as I type this. I could never have guessed my simple request could have stirred up so much negativity and paranoia. Maybe some of you guys shouldn't have retired so early. You're forgetting what it's like to be a good neighbor and a human.

imlost,
You can ignore jizz. Ever since he bought a drone to take selfies of his knuckledragging he has been pretty full of himself. :lol:

Instead of listening to jizz spew about insurance, call an insurance agent.

Lee - 2-8-2018 at 12:03 AM

I'm looking for someone to tow my small-ish enclosed trailer from the East Cape / Los Barriles to Oregon. If you're making the trip anyway, and are willing to tow this for me, I will pay for a substantial portion of your fuel. I need this done between now and mid-May. The trailer will be empty, and weighs 2300 lbs. It's single axle. The trailer is light enough that it can be towed with a smaller SUV or pickup.

I'm in Portland, but I can pick it up anywhere in Oregon along the I-5 corridor or anywhere in Central Oregon. PM/U2U me if you're interested.

[Edited on 2-6-2018 by imlost]

Hey OP: the feedback you're getting here comes from lots of Baja experience. In my opinion, what you're asking for looks like a ''favor.'' This kind of tow is something I would impose on a best friend -- and even then, I'd be upping the ante -- all fuel, lodging, etc. Pulling an empty trailer up Baja really is dangerous, slow going, and tedious. You, personally, couldn't pay me enough to do this task. That's the feedback you're getting from some here. Makes me think you don't know Baja -- or what you're asking.

As for JZ? His style is his style. Take his message for what it's worth. He has a point -- and I agree with it. You're low balling your request.

John Harper - 2-8-2018 at 08:24 AM

JZ may not be smoothest communicator, but his points are all valid. I don't see where he's denigrating you at all.

John

imlost - 2-8-2018 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
JZ may not be smoothest communicator, but his points are all valid. I don't see where he's denigrating you at all.

John
Ha! And you probably don't see anything negative in what you said, either.

RnR - 2-8-2018 at 08:54 AM

To the OP --

This thread started with a simple request -

"Is anybody interested in towing a trailer north for me?".

Some valid points have been made. A lot of other verbiage has been spewed that may or may not have contributed to the discussion.

I, personally, know what is involved. I have towed a trailer every time that I have traveled the Baja highway. Some trips have been uneventful. Other trips a little more exciting.

This trip north will be the 48th time that I have towed a trailer the full length of Mex 1. Crazy? Maybe. But I had my reasons and they are mine alone.

I might even have considered the OP's request. But, I am already towing. And double towing might be a little more excitement than I am willing to take on.

However, double towing is also possible. Anybody else remember the photos from some of Pompano's trips. He double towed a 30 ft fifth wheel with a 20 ft boat tagged on behind. I do miss his posts. But I digress .....

Bottom line here -- This is a personal decision between two people. The "tower" and the "towee". If these two people can reach a mutually aceptable agreement, that is all that matters.

Good luck in your request.

imlost - 2-8-2018 at 09:01 AM

Maybe you naysayers should read my request over and over until you get it. I'm not asking for opinions - I'm asking for help. Here's some great news for you: You don't have to do anything! Especially since you're afraid to handle the task. It's obvious none of you own a boat, quad, side-by-side, camper, or anything else that requires towing.

For those with experience who want to do this: Just send me a U2U and we'll talk about price, insurance, logistics, etc. I'm really not looking for someone to make a special trip out of this. If you're headed north anyway and are comfortable with the task, let's work something out.

motoged - 2-8-2018 at 10:32 AM

....It's obvious none of you own a boat, quad, side-by-side, camper, or anything else that requires towing. ....

Oh oh.....that's bait....:coolup:

I appreciate you asking the question and taking such a risk on this forum.....enough folks have seen the OP...and you may have heard from folks off-line.....for your own sake (avoiding aggravation), don't get caught in the back and forth here....good luck with the trailer project....

[Edited on 2-8-2018 by motoged]

imlost - 2-8-2018 at 10:37 AM

Oh no. I did a bad thing.
I was trying like hell to be nice, and I finally broke down.

John Harper - 2-8-2018 at 10:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John
Ha! And you probably don't see anything negative in what you said, either.

Nope, not at all. Legitimate concerns are not "negative" unless you have a hard time dealing with other opinions.

John

motoged - 2-8-2018 at 10:45 AM

Oh no. I did a bad thing.
I was trying like hell to be nice, and I finally broke down.

Okay....go sit in the corner for 10 minutes....and no cookies with milk tonight.....;)

John Harper - 2-8-2018 at 10:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Okay....go sit in the corner for 10 minutes....and no cookies with milk tonight.....;)

Sorry, I already found your stash of GS cookies!!! Very tasty!!!

John

motoged - 2-8-2018 at 10:48 AM

Wait 20-30 minutes and tell me how you like them :biggrin:

JZ - 2-8-2018 at 10:52 AM

It's obvious none of you own a boat, quad, side-by-side, camper, or anything else that requires towing.

I have a 32 foot boat with 35 foot trailer. I've towed it from Santa Rosalia to Los Angeles, and all the way to San Carlos, Sonora on the mainland.

Next question/statement?

The bottom line is:

- You are asking someone to assume a ton of risk - as a favor to you

- I'm not convinced you have thought this through with all the risk, liability, or legality, or that you even care to, you just "want it done"

- You are c-cky, saying "I'm not actually asking any questions..." when ppl offered you some friendly advice. I thought it was a really dumb idea from the jump, but was gonna bite my tongue until this bute.

imlost - 2-8-2018 at 10:54 AM

John. I can't talk to you anymore because you're clueless. Please put the cookies back in the trailer, or I will have nothing to smuggle.

John Harper - 2-8-2018 at 11:15 AM

John. I can't talk to you anymore because you're clueless. Please put the cookies back in the trailer, or I will have nothing to smuggle.

Now you're showing a little sense of humor. I knew it was in there!

John

imlost - 2-8-2018 at 11:17 AM

Dammit. You were right, motoged.

motoged - 2-8-2018 at 11:40 AM

Dammit. You were right, motoged.

Yeah....it's a big responsibility ....

willardguy - 2-8-2018 at 04:40 PM

It's obvious none of you own a boat, quad, side-by-side, camper, or anything else that requires towing.

I have a 32 foot boat with 35 foot trailer. I've towed it from Santa Rosalia to Los Angeles, and all the way to San Carlos, Sonora on the mainland.

Next question/statement?

The bottom line is:

- You are asking someone to assume a ton of risk - as a favor to you

- I'm not convinced you have thought this through with all the risk, liability, or legality, or that you even care to, you just "want it done"

- You are c-cky, saying "I'm not actually asking any questions..." when ppl offered you some friendly advice. I thought it was a really dumb idea from the jump, but was gonna bite my tongue until this bute.

okay who out there has a 33 foot boat on a 36 foot trailer, a law degree and an over 40 wife they think is hot?:rolleyes:

caj13 - 2-8-2018 at 05:30 PM

so you wrote:Do you guys ever even stop to think before you type such negative/hateful crap? You really should. It makes it so unpleasant for everyone else.
so heres your answer
They comment because they are concerned for their Baha family. would you want anyone here to take on towing that trailer without fully understanding the potential risks they would be incuring? Thats all the nomads here are doing, making sure anyone considering this knows the potential risks!

No one has even mentioned yet the invalidation of their insurance if something happened and the insurance company found out they were towing for money -

You have asked for someone here to take on alot of risk, It's only fair that they understand the potential consequences of what seems at first to be a simple help out a neighbor deal.

The fact that you are trying to shout down those bringing up potential issues and risks - tells me you do not want someone to know/ consider all of the risks? is that correct?

If someone offeredyou a million dollars to go get your own trailer - would you do it? Because if the honest answer was yes, then "to Busy" is a weak excuse for "don't want to do it myself - let someone else shoulder the risk and responsibility.

I'll go get your trailer for you, but it will be $1/mile - PLUS EXPENSES one way, you want me to assume your risk, you need to pay for that !

[Edited on 2-9-2018 by caj13]

[Edited on 2-9-2018 by caj13]

motoged - 2-8-2018 at 06:12 PM

imlost - 2-8-2018 at 06:48 PM

John,
I changed my mind. Please distribute those cookies to your friends.
It's so pulverized, you can't even tell it's a horse.

JZ - 2-8-2018 at 07:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

okay who out there has a 33 foot boat on a 36 foot trailer, a law degree and an over 40 wife they think is hot?:rolleyes:

[Edited on 2-9-2018 by JZ]

imlost - 2-9-2018 at 10:10 AM

I have an empty 14' trailer and a hot wife who doesn't like to tow trailers, so I'm still looking for some help to tow it back to the States. To qualify, neither you or your wife needs to be hot. You will, however, need exceptionally good driving skills, because it's extremely dangerous to tow a small, empty trailer - so I've been told by countless wise men. Again, I'm counting on John to distribute the drug-laden cookies to all of the naysayers, so you will not be required to smuggle anything.

I'm not sure how all of the small boats and trailers arrived in Baja Sur. Maybe they were sent on a barge, or a large, offroad-type semi truck. Obviously no one towed them, because it's so dangerous and the liability is enormous, and there are only a few qualified souls on this planet who are up to such a daring feat. I'm posting this to try and find one of those few adventurous souls who will accept such a crazy assignment, and who can do it for a fair price, as apparently, all of the extremely wise men are also very poor.

I'll admit that I'm not very smart, else I would heed the suggestion of motoged, who has reminded me that the wise men are also voracious feeders and require regular meals. Feed, regurgitate, repeat.

Seriously, I'm still looking for someone who is already planning to make this trip in the next few months. Worry not - We'll discuss payment, safety, insurance, compensation for flat repairs and such, and all of the things that are of concern. Contact me to discuss details.

[Edited on 2-9-2018 by imlost]

TMW - 2-9-2018 at 10:23 AM

I would if I could but I'm not in a position to do so. Is someone in great danger in doing so? Maybe, maybe not, is driving anywhere with a trailer being in danger, maybe.

This is not rocket science. Check with your insurance company both US and Mexican to see what needs to be done, talk it over with imlost and either do it if you feel OK or don't do it. To me it's pretty simple just rip the sides off the trailer and run a spy camera thru the frame to check for drugs. If stopped at the border and put in secondary run like he*l.

TMW - 2-9-2018 at 10:29 AM

JZ if that is your wife she is beautiful. My guess is she is probably your daughter.

JZ - 2-9-2018 at 10:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
JZ if that is your wife she is beautiful. My guess is she is probably your daughter.

Haha, wife.

TMW - 2-9-2018 at 10:40 AM

Lucky man.

motoged - 2-9-2018 at 10:41 AM

Oh boy.....now Nomads are parading their wives (daughters?) :o

:no:

TMW - 2-9-2018 at 10:43 AM

Why not? It's better than arguing over pulling a dirty old trailer.

del mar - 2-9-2018 at 10:56 AM

Why not? It's better than arguing over pulling a dirty old trailer.

imlost - 2-9-2018 at 11:03 AM

This is not rocket science. .

:rolleyes: Shhhhhhhh! :!: Don't let them know. ;D
They'll be eating the cookies soon, and it won't matter!

David K - 2-9-2018 at 02:29 PM

Is it a Trophy Trailer, perhaps? :lol:

motoged - 2-9-2018 at 03:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Oh boy.....now Nomads are parading their wives (daughters?) :o

:no:

Like any trophy, it enhances the prestige of the owner. :yes:

That's just WRONG.....:no:

Bruce R Leech - 2-9-2018 at 03:51 PM

I love this thread, cant we get some more of the bickering please.:biggrin:

Gscott - 2-9-2018 at 03:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Chup  

Gas money... lol...

Yes. This could be a real great forum except for 3 or 4 jackholes that show up to chit in the punch bowl all the time. They could drop dead and the world would be better off for it, as far as I'm concerned.

[Edited on 2-9-2018 by Gscott]

Bruce R Leech - 2-9-2018 at 04:03 PM

those 3 or 4 jackholes help to keep this place lively and fun, just look at the number of views this thread has.:bounce: if you don't like it dont click it:bounce:

imlost - 2-9-2018 at 05:05 PM

"fun". Right. It feels more like only the first two letters of that word, to me.
It's too bad. I'm sure a lot of people won't post their questions because of negativity they read.

del mar - 2-9-2018 at 05:08 PM

"fun". Right. It feels more like only the first two letters of that word, to me.
It's too bad. I'm sure a lot of people won't post their questions because of negativity they read.

"fun"? as long as you're not the target!:yes:

chatolj - 2-9-2018 at 05:57 PM

Your better off waiting and doing it your self next year. Those pot holes are so bad in that 100 stretch that an empty trailer will be bouncing around like a pin ball and probably break something. Up to a year ago it would have been an easy haul but now i won't pull my rigs south of El Rosario until Mex 1 gets in shape again. Maybe that's why so many people are against the idea. Its REAL bad. Just saying. Be safe.

imlost - 2-9-2018 at 07:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chatolj  
Your better off waiting and doing it your self next year. Those pot holes are so bad in that 100 stretch that an empty trailer will be bouncing around like a pin ball and probably break something. Up to a year ago it would have been an easy haul but now i won't pull my rigs south of El Rosario until Mex 1 gets in shape again. Maybe that's why so many people are against the idea. Its REAL bad. Just saying. Be safe.

Noted. Thank you, chatolj.

Lee - 2-9-2018 at 10:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Gscott  

Yes. This could be a real great forum except for 3 or 4 jackholes that show up to chit in the punch bowl all the time. They could drop dead and the world would be better off for it, as far as I'm concerned.

[Edited on 2-9-2018 by Gscott]

You know nothing of the nomads on this forum. Dead nomads make a better world? A bit premature at 45 posts. Try a time out with this nonsense.

John Harper - 2-10-2018 at 06:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gscott  
They could drop dead and the world would be better off for it, as far as I'm concerned.

No one cares about your concerns. We just want that teddy bear returned to that poor little kid up north.

John

[Edited on 2-10-2018 by John Harper]

norte - 2-10-2018 at 06:47 AM

I have an empty 14' trailer and a hot wife who doesn't like to tow trailers, so I'm still looking for some help to tow it back to the States.

Is this why you will not make such an easy tow yourself? You are intimidated by your wife. Just leave the trailer behind.

tecatero - 2-10-2018 at 07:04 AM

We paid $1600 for Wells cargo 12' enclosed from Sd to Los cabos. Worth every penny and anyone who has towed Hwy 1, one little slip up and its lights out,,,,Towing on Baja is a stressful thing.

As the saying goes ........................

MrBillM - 2-10-2018 at 10:15 AM

Every A-Hole has an opinion.

Which they feel obligated to express every day.

Years ago, during a social event down south, a Baja neighbor of mine once summed up what is daily evident here with "the reason that government can't get things done is that ALL the 'Know-it-Alls' are here in Baja".

motoged - 2-10-2018 at 10:42 AM

Every A-Hole has an opinion.....Which they feel obligated to express every day.

Thanks for your daily contribution...:biggrin:

Bruce R Leech - 2-10-2018 at 01:13 PM

lets stir the pot it is getting boring here:P

micah202 - 2-10-2018 at 01:50 PM

Jeez imlost, hope it works out for you. I would have happily negotiated a tow price for this, even have a tow hitch all ready to go.... in it's Amazon box back home. <;~l

imlost - 2-10-2018 at 01:58 PM

Every A-Hole has an opinion.....Which they feel obligated to express every day.

Thanks for your daily contribution...:biggrin:

Ha! Good one. :lol:

imlost - 2-10-2018 at 02:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
I have an empty 14' trailer and a hot wife who doesn't like to tow trailers, so I'm still looking for some help to tow it back to the States.

Is this why you will not make such an easy tow yourself? You are intimidated by your wife. Just leave the trailer behind.

Since this has turned in to the Insult Olympics, I'll rate your post:
- Demerit for poor timing.
- Deduction for inappropriate style.
- Deduction for not reading all of my posts.
- Disqualification for abuse of a horse corpse.

Wipe-out. No medal for you!

motoged - 2-10-2018 at 04:23 PM

Some posters should be automatically disqualified due to Steroid/alcohol-induced cranial atrophy....and those who try to Trump others with their "trophy wives" thinking....:biggrin:

Can you imagine what would happen if one's bravery (e.g. driving a trailer on Hwy 1) was challenged....some Nomads would be posting testicular comparison pics...

Oy vey !!!!

[Edited on 2-10-2018 by motoged]

[Edited on 2-10-2018 by motoged]

caj13 - 2-10-2018 at 05:41 PM

Is this the trailer you wanted towed back? (taken from BPE newsletter)

a. On January 6th my little White Enclosed Trailer was stolen. It is about 4.5′ feet wide, about 8′ long and 6′ high if you’re standing next to it. Very nice, straight clean, white, single rear locking door, white spoked rims & excellent tires. It has a domed or arched top and rounded front, trailer jack with a small wheel. If you spot something like that new around your area, please give me a call. I have the little tackle shop in La Ribera. Jim 130-00-77

JZ - 2-10-2018 at 06:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bruce R Leech  

My girl's boobs are bigger and better than the op's girl.

imlost - 2-10-2018 at 06:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
Is this the trailer you wanted towed back? (taken from BPE newsletter)

a. On January 6th my little White Enclosed Trailer was stolen. It is about 4.5′ feet wide, about 8′ long and 6′ high if you’re standing next to it. Very nice, straight clean, white, single rear locking door, white spoked rims & excellent tires. It has a domed or arched top and rounded front, trailer jack with a small wheel. If you spot something like that new around your area, please give me a call. I have the little tackle shop in La Ribera. Jim 130-00-77

No.

Norm - 2-10-2018 at 06:35 PM

I WILL TAKE YOU TRAIL BACK / NO B.S..WILL BE GONG THAT WAY IN MAY,,

JZ - 2-10-2018 at 06:48 PM

Never trust a man who types with cap lock on.

On a Serious Note ........................

MrBillM - 2-10-2018 at 07:13 PM

Would you REALLY trust any of these contributors with your property ?

THAT would be the definition of Insanity.

caj13 - 2-10-2018 at 08:35 PM

Have we ascertained for certain that it is his property?

chavycha - 2-10-2018 at 08:44 PM

This thread certainly helped me expand my list of people I wouldn't trust... Some of y'all are real arseholes. :fire:

JZ - 2-10-2018 at 09:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chavycha  
This thread certainly helped me expand my list of people I wouldn't trust... Some of y'all are real arseholes. :fire:

It's actually the nice guys that cheat and con you.

imlost - 2-10-2018 at 09:31 PM

Maybe you can just ask him. ...Oh, that's right - you already did, and I believe he answered you.
Maybe you can go back through his posts and see that the trailer he's wanting to have towed is a different size than the trailer that was recently stolen. Also, I'm sure that if he's the actual owner, he'll be willing to send a copy of the title for his trailer. I've heard he's a pretty nice guy. Maybe you should just ask him all of the pertinent questions before jumping to conclusions and publicizing your paranoia.

imlost - 2-10-2018 at 09:56 PM

It's actually the nice guys that cheat and con you.

I started to respond to this, and just decided that it's really not worth the effort.

[Edited on 2-11-2018 by imlost]

John Harper - 2-11-2018 at 06:26 AM

How about I fly down and entertain your wife while you drive your trailer up north? Win-win!

John

[Edited on 2-11-2018 by John Harper]

John Harper - 2-11-2018 at 06:27 AM

Never trust a man who types with cap lock on.

And misspells.

John

caj13 - 2-11-2018 at 08:27 AM

i really need to learn to use those imoge thingees.
which one is tongue in cheek?
sometimes, it's like shooting fish in a barrel here,
it's to easy!

BTW, as far as I can tell,
I am the only guy to actually offer to tow his trailer up.
He never bothered to respond,
I guess he didn't like my price.

as for you "heard he is a nice guy" I'm sure you have. However, I have heard nothing of the sort.

Still trying to understand how someone is so busy for the next 6 months that they cannot possibly carve a few days out of the schedule to haul their own trailer. but yet, isn't willing to pay a professional to do the job for him, at a fair price!

Maybe you can just ask him. ...Oh, that's right - you already did, and I believe he answered you.
Maybe you can go back through his posts and see that the trailer he's wanting to have towed is a different size than the trailer that was recently stolen. Also, I'm sure that if he's the actual owner, he'll be willing to send a copy of the title for his trailer. I've heard he's a pretty nice guy. Maybe you should just ask him all of the pertinent questions before jumping to conclusions and publicizing your paranoia.

imlost - 2-11-2018 at 09:25 AM

Still trying to understand how someone is so busy for the next 6 months that they cannot possibly carve a few days out of the schedule to haul their own trailer. but yet, isn't willing to pay a professional to do the job for him, at a fair price!

Because you present yourself as overweening, disingenuous and confrontational.

caj13 - 2-11-2018 at 09:43 AM

Because you present yourself as overweening, disingenuous and confrontational.
;D

Mission Accomplished! ;)
Good Luck with getting your trailer towed.

mtgoat666 - 2-11-2018 at 10:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bruce R Leech  

My girl's boobs are bigger and better than the op's girl.

Jizz,
Your wife must be ****ty or stupid to tolerate your posting her fake boobs online for men on this site to ogle.

motoged - 2-11-2018 at 10:27 AM

Goat,
It's a barometer of their moral fibre....:no:

[Edited on 2-11-2018 by motoged]

Mistrust and Misspellings

MrBillM - 2-11-2018 at 10:33 AM

IF one could only trust those who are consistently correct with their spelling ........................ there would only be a few trustworthy persons among US here.

Hey, that's OK.

Bruce R Leech - 2-11-2018 at 01:17 PM

noow Im mad ,I thougaht I was the misspeeling kinng arownd hear:light:

motoged - 2-11-2018 at 02:00 PM

Bruce....stand in line....:biggrin:

mtgoat666 - 2-11-2018 at 03:05 PM

Goat,
It's a barometer of their moral fibre....:no:

[Edited on 2-11-2018 by motoged]

I am pretty sure that jizz is a 15 year boy. His interests are boobs (and pictures of boobs), motorcycles, drones and internet flame wars. Sounds like a teen or adult with arrested development :lol::lol::lol:

I think the boob pic is his mommy

[Edited on 2-11-2018 by mtgoat666]

Pages:  1