BajaNomad

quad or rzr theft insurance

volcano - 2-16-2018 at 08:47 AM

hi...am going to leave our rzr stored in a locked garage, but want to permanently insure for theft. My house is in the boonies, and guard, caretaker are not an option. Best companies? experiences?

BajaWarrior - 2-16-2018 at 09:39 PM

Remove the lug nuts and take them with you. Disable the engine in some way and dont forget to remove the key and battery.

LancairDriver - 2-16-2018 at 11:03 PM

Cave Junction? You’ll get ripped off for sure. I just had a side by side Arctic Cat, among other things, stolen right out of a locked garage in Sixes, OR. My insurance man (Farmers) told me to report it as being used in maintaining my property and I would get full replacement value on homeowners policy, which I did. Also no chance of timely Police coverage or any security service here either. A loud siren tripped by a infrared sensor is the best option with a few trail cameras hidden as well as possible to possibly ID the culprits. They typically steal any video cameras in sight.

Bajawarrior had some good advice to disable the Rzr.

[Edited on 2-17-2018 by LancairDriver]

mtgoat666 - 2-16-2018 at 11:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by volcano  
hi...am going to leave our rzr stored in a locked garage, but want to permanently insure for theft. My house is in the boonies, and guard, caretaker are not an option. Best companies? experiences?

If caretaker not an option, then move your valuables to storage in a safe place, perhaps a storage in town.

volcano - 2-17-2018 at 08:18 AM

no, way out the East Cape Rd, Baja Sur

BigWooo - 2-18-2018 at 07:03 AM

When we were shopping for homeowners insurance, none of the policies we reviewed covered quads or ATV's. They may be out there, but couldn't find one.

John Harper - 2-18-2018 at 08:10 AM

You can't get one added to your auto policies?

John

volcano - 2-18-2018 at 08:35 AM

yes, I have found that you can, but they won't provide theft only. Looking for the best deal if anyone has found one.