BajaNomad

Gonzoga to Bay of LA

soundchaser - 2-19-2018 at 02:28 PM

Hey guys,

Me and a couple of buddies are riding from Gonzago to Bay of LA. "A" riders. I have a track I was given second hand. I have heard there is a route there that can be almost impossible going in this direction. Want to make sure that isn't what I have. Is one of you willing to take a look at it if I send it to you and let me know if this route will work? Anyone willing to share a fun track? Don't have much to offer in return other than a bunch of fun stuff in California.

Thanks, Rod

JZ - 2-19-2018 at 02:38 PM

Part of it. The more difficult part. http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=89368

David K - 2-19-2018 at 03:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soundchaser  
Hey guys,

Me and a couple of buddies are riding from Gonzago to Bay of LA. "A" riders. I have a track I was given second hand. I have heard there is a route there that can be almost impossible going in this direction. Want to make sure that isn't what I have. Is one of you willing to take a look at it if I send it to you and let me know if this route will work? Anyone willing to share a fun track? Don't have much to offer in return other than a bunch of fun stuff in California.

Thanks, Rod

Hi Rod,
It would be helpful to see the track you have. Perhaps it begins with the "Mine Pass Road" as Kacey Smith (The Lizard Lady) calls it?

Here on Nomad, it is known more as the Pioneer Mine road or the Molino de Lacy to Coco's Corner road.

Because of the mountainous terrain, I will guess the route puts you on the old gulf route south, passing the mission and into the canyon of CalamajuƩ and out to El Crucero. There you can take the race road and old L.A. Bay road east to DesengaƱo gold mine ruins and somewhere in here catch the Bill Nichols Trail past Window Rock, Ensenada Alcatraz, El Toro copper mine and to La Gringa on Bahia de los Angeles... but all that is just my guess?
;):cool::bounce:

soundchaser - 2-19-2018 at 03:22 PM

Thanks for the info. Here is the track log I have. I had to shrink it some to fit the upload size requirements.

Attachment: ACTIVE LOG085351.gpx (184kB)
This file has been downloaded 234 times

David K - 2-19-2018 at 04:39 PM

I see JZ posted it in the North from La Gringa thread... but you saw that.

Thanks for that... and it is the route I outlined in my previous reply.

You should have loads of fun!

TMW - 2-19-2018 at 06:23 PM

The soundchaser track joins the Window Rock trail before El Crucero. They follow the same line until about 2 miles before Mesa de Yubay where they split to go around a hill sc goes around the north side and the WR trail goes to the south side. No big deal.

ehall - 2-20-2018 at 05:16 AM

Thanks for the info. Here is the track log I have. I had to shrink it some to fit the upload size requirements.

I sent you a pm soundchaser.

PaulW - 2-20-2018 at 10:53 AM

===== =
Same track the 5 jeeps did on 1/18 except when we got to El Crucero it was dark, so we took the highway to LAB. Good run.
Tip: convert your GPX files to USR and they always fit. Then let the readers convert back. Nothing will be lost.
Paul