BajaNomad

Homemade ice cream shop NEVERIA

BajaBlanca - 2-20-2018 at 09:26 PM

We are here in La Paz and just the other day we took an exploratory walk around the neighborhood. Our rental house is off of Tuparam Street and it is the one we walked down.

I admired and got a plant given to me by a complete stranger in front of her house (gotta love Baja!)

and one block away from our rental, we found a shop that MAKES their own ice cream. So creamy, so delicious and exotic flavors to boot.

Here is the outside of NEVERIA Dely Dely

street sign.JPG - 92kB

from afar.JPG - 119kB

sign outside.JPG - 128kB

Here are Mom and Les eating cones

eating it.JPG - 123kB

and here is my Pitaya flavored ice cream that was out of this world delicious. It is slightly sour and salty at the same time....ohhhhhhhhhhh how goooooooooooooooooood

cone.JPG - 128kB

Here are the prices:

prices.JPG - 67kB

There are many fruit flavors along with the typical chocolate - reeses and more. My favorite so far is the coffee one.

This is (as you can tell by the prices sign) a ma and pa shop. They have been open less than a year. PaceƱos!!!! Support them so they can move to the malecon. The ice cream is really buenissimo.

motoged - 2-21-2018 at 01:59 PM

As an admitted ice cream addict ....Mexican "home made" ice creams are spectacular. When in larger centers, I look around a zocalo for the guy with a small cart and usually four flavours.....tend to look for the coffee and coconut flavours...and ask for a cup rather than cone.

At such times, I sit close to the cart as I often do a re-run...:biggrin: