BajaNomad

Going to do a 5 and a half day Baja trip mid April

JZ - 3-2-2018 at 08:25 PM

Riding with the kids and a couple friends. Haven't made any plans yet.

We'll have 3 bikes and the truck. What would you all suggest as a good route?

mtgoat666 - 3-2-2018 at 08:45 PM

Glamis.

Please!

advrider - 3-2-2018 at 08:53 PM

Down the pacific side maybe hit the 22 day trail down to BOLA, window rock. On the way back north run the wash to Coco's out to Gonzaga, might be able to squeeze in the green door trail to? Next years ride I think I might stay more up north and do day/loop rides rather than spending the time running to far south?

[Edited on 3-3-2018 by advrider]

ehall - 3-3-2018 at 06:02 AM

5 days riding the whoops around San Felipe? Lol. Stay on the Pacific side or in the mountains. Probably be 90 degrees mid April on SOC side.

redhilltown - 3-3-2018 at 06:36 PM

90' sounds a bit too high in Northern Baja for April on the Sea of Cortez side...if for no other reason, the winds can really howl. Which you might want to consider as it sounds like you'll be camping.

JZ - 3-3-2018 at 07:40 PM

Thinking about :

1. Pioneer mine road

Haven't rode this yet. With a detour ride out to Bahia Calamajue. Is the bay worth seeing?

Would send the truck around on Hwy 5. Meet up and continue on to BoLA.

2. Ride part of the Window Rock Trail

Start North of La Gringa. Either up to the bay (15miles) and back, or maybe continue on and ride to the junction where it cuts down through the lake bed back to Hwy 12. Anyone know how hard is the ride from where it cuts away from the coast and circles back to Hwy 12 is?

3. Thinking about renting a boat to take us out from BoLA to Puerto Refugio on Isla de Guardian, weather permitting.

Who has a boat that could make a trip like that (about 50 miles one way). Smith use to have a big center console 3-4 years ago, but that's long gone.

Then head back to the border on Saturday.

Any other suggestions?

[Edited on 3-4-2018 by JZ]