BajaNomad

Travel Health Insurance plan recommendations

motoged - 3-6-2018 at 03:58 PM

Nomads...
I am curious what plans seem to be recommended....especially for Canadians...

Evacuation/rescue flight info is important aspect of plan.

Two friends died in Baja while dirtbiking in past three months in separate accidents both in BoLA area...

I have been lucky I guess so far with only a broken leg that I had fixed a week later back in Canada...good thing it wasn't more serious....

bajaguy - 3-6-2018 at 04:33 PM

Have you looked at D.A.N.??

https://www.diversalertnetwork.org/membership/travelassist.a...

Paco Facullo - 3-6-2018 at 05:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Nomads...
I am curious what plans seem to be recommended....

With a track record such as that... My "plans" are NOT to do any dirt-bike ridding, THAT'S for sure

motoged - 3-6-2018 at 07:14 PM

PF,
Do you have a travel insurance suggestion?

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Nomads...
I am curious what plans seem to be recommended....

With a track record such as that... My "plans" are NOT to do any dirt-bike ridding, THAT'S for sure

advrider - 3-6-2018 at 07:24 PM

PF, you could get run over going to the store tomorrow or a dozen other ways. I'll take my chances with the moto myself. I looked into DAN insurance before and it looked pretty good. I've read a few good stories about people in Baja using it with good luck.

dtbushpilot - 3-6-2018 at 07:34 PM

You broke your leg?......do you have pictures? Hopefully you had a compassionate helpful riding partner along to give you sympathetic assistance.

motoged - 3-6-2018 at 08:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  
You broke your leg?......do you have pictures? Hopefully you had a compassionate helpful riding partner along to give you sympathetic assistance.

David,
So kind of you to ask....yes....my riding buddy was very supportive....

After telling me to hike up my skirt and get back on the bike, he left me in his dust until he got back to Rice and Beans....and a day later told me to saddle up for three more days of riding up to Bahia Asuncion and back....:O

So....who was I to bicker with a 6'3" bald dude (with chicken legs.....intact) who drinks battery acid for his morning joe?

Yes I have pics....and those worthy have seen them numerous times.

You may have forgotten.....but I can appreciate memory loss....Geez, I know guy who can get lost between The Jungle and the Oasis in Mulege...times like that, a good travel insurance plan could come in handy....

What's in your wallet?

:saint:

Paco Facullo - 3-6-2018 at 08:04 PM

Actually I do, it's insure-my-trip. I've used them many times.
Good prices and reviews.

https://www.insuremytrip.com/?linkId=30492&gclid=CjwKCAi...

dtbushpilot - 3-6-2018 at 08:59 PM

I use this outfit.

https://globalrescue.com/

fandango - 3-6-2018 at 09:42 PM

I am purchasing a short term policy from Skymed.com. They offer annual, short term and expat medical evac policies.

motoged - 3-7-2018 at 01:12 AM

I appreciate the suggestions offered so far....muchas gracias.

Any more travel insurance suggestions?

DT....When you said you "used this outfit"....I was expecting a fashion site :biggrin: ....