BajaNomad

Capture my photos from Photobucket

PaulW - 3-8-2018 at 03:09 PM

Simple request. I want to transfer my photos from Photobucket to my computer. I still have an active Photobucket account and all my pics are still there. I thot they would have a download button but cannot find.

I know there is a hack that does it. Can someone help that has experience retrieving their photos by any easy method?
Thanks,PW

David K - 3-8-2018 at 03:34 PM

How did the photos get onto Photobucket, if not from your computer?
How about using the mouse and 'Save image as'?

PaulW - 3-8-2018 at 09:47 PM

Since I do not pay to use Photobucket the usual buttons you mention are gone and others do not work
I stumbled on how to.
Open Photobucket and log in. Open a picture from the library then click on the sprocket in the upper right hand corner of the picture - then click on download. The pic arrives in my download folder and I can click on it and it opens in Paint for my use.

JZ - 3-8-2018 at 10:40 PM

Bulk download:

Click the “Album Options” link toward the upper-right field of the screen, and then select the “Download this Album” option. 4. Input the required security code into the text box, and then click the “Zip Files” button to display the main download page.

JZ - 3-8-2018 at 10:42 PM

Btw, everyone should be using Google photos as their main photo archive. It is the ta taas and crushes everything else. Free as well.

David K - 3-8-2018 at 10:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Since I do not pay to use Photobucket the usual buttons you mention are gone and others do not work
I stumbled on how to.
Open Photobucket and log in. Open a picture from the library then click on the sprocket in the upper right hand corner of the picture - then click on download. The pic arrives in my download folder and I can click on it and it opens in Paint for my use.

I was wondering what happened to your original photos... they got onto Photobucket from some computer, originally, right?
You did stumble onto a useful tool and I must thank you for that... I may use that download trick back into my pc for maps I enhanced on Photobucket. ... Thanks!

[Edited on 3-9-2018 by David K]

PaulW - 3-9-2018 at 07:25 AM

Thanks JZ
Single pic works but the bulk download is for moving my whole collection.
Moving on - slowly - Ha
JZ, can up give us some guidance on Google photos

JZ - 3-9-2018 at 09:17 AM

Load the Google Photos app on your phone. It automatically puts every pic you take to the cloud (original or compressed version, I do full size). You can load any older pics in minutes. Works on Android or iPhone.

View them on your phone or laptop.

It's a game changer. Nav is super easy, go to a photo from Nov, 1995 in seconds.

Incredible facial recognition. Sort through your tens of thousands of photos in seconds to pull out every specific picture with your niece Sally in it.

It automatically creates albums for you when you go on trips (i.e. travel from your home location). Records the places you travel to on the trip.

Every so often it will send you an alert, "Rediscover the Day" showing you what you were doing on Feb 5th 2003 and the group of pictures you took that day.

Albums or photos can be shared with anyone. They can add photos to it if you give them permission to do so. Basic photo edit is included.

And a ton more.

https://photos.google.com/

[Edited on 3-9-2018 by JZ]