BajaNomad

Changing the Nomad clock for Daylight Savings or a move.

David K - 3-12-2018 at 10:32 AM

We in (most) of the USA (not Az or Hawaii, and some other small areas) just went on Daylight Savings Time... an hour more daylight after getting home for many! In fact, most of the year is Daylight Savings (March-November) here.

Mexico also honors Daylight Savings, but on the older schedule, except for
Baja California (Norte), which stays with Alta California on the times, yes? However, Baja California Sur does not change their clocks until later. Making both Baja's the same time for a few weeks of the year.
Sonora stays tied with Arizona, so no clock changing there.

To reset your Nomad clock, click: User Control Panel (upper right corner of the page, in blue) and once there, click Edit Profile also in blue, near the top on a menu bar. Scroll down to the bottom and see Time Offset.

For us in California on Pacific Time, we simply change to the Arizona time (Mountain Time Zone).

blackwolfmt - 3-12-2018 at 11:08 AM

Hey DK we AZ folks were on Mountain time same as Colorado, now California hours pacific time zone, ,Es Todo Bueno:biggrin:

AKgringo - 3-12-2018 at 12:00 PM

I am in Bahia Asuncion, and on Saturday my laptop, and ATT phone were an hour off. On Sunday, they became in sync with the world, and I didn't have to do anything!

tiotomasbcs - 3-12-2018 at 12:05 PM

For those of us Retired and living on Baja Time it really doesn't matter. Get up with the sun and go to bed when you feel like it! I still feel like I'm playing hookey from school or work esp on Mondays. Saludos. :cool::bounce: Tio

RnR - 3-12-2018 at 12:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
I still feel like I'm playing hookey from school or work esp on Mondays. Saludos. :cool::bounce: Tio

What is this word? Monday????

bkbend - 3-13-2018 at 09:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
For those of us Retired and living on Baja Time it really doesn't matter. Get up with the sun and go to bed when you feel like it! I still feel like I'm playing hookey from school or work esp on Mondays. Saludos. :cool::bounce: Tio

True, but it's a bit of a psychological boost to be able to get up at 6:15 instead of 5:15 to see what colors the sunrise brings.

pauldavidmena - 3-13-2018 at 12:17 PM

Thanks to the time change, I'm back to waking up in the dark - which seems like an appropriate enough metaphor. :)

StuckSucks - 3-13-2018 at 12:50 PM

Sorry this is a repost, but it cracks me up.

blackwolfmt - 3-13-2018 at 01:01 PM

Thanks for postin SS that's funny and informative:coolup:

gsbotanico - 3-13-2018 at 02:33 PM

I drove to Mexico Monday morning crossing the border around 5:30 am. It was pitch black with very light traffic. At Mexican Customs I was the only one crossing at El Chaparral. I got the red light and went into secondary inspection. I was on my way in less than a minute.

Streets in Tijuana were deserted, as if everyone were still on standard time. When I reached my destination of El Descanso, it was still pitch black. The sun didn't come up until a few minutes after 7 am.

There's a misconception that Daylight Savings increases the amount of daylight hours. No, it only displaces sunrise and sunset by an hour. Daylight hours still reach their maximum on the summer solstice and their minimum on the winter solstice marking the longest and shortest days.

Returning to the US the same day I crossed the border at San Ysidro in record time -- less than 4 minutes in the Sentri lane just before 5 pm, as if I were crossing earlier in the afternoon. Normal is around 15-20 minutes.

Thanks to the change to Daylight Savings I get one day of lighter traffic and faster border crossings.