BajaNomad

Visitor's pass to Mexico and Tres Virgense hiking permit question

Frank_R - 3-2-2005 at 10:32 AM

To Bruce, Jesse or anyone else in the know:
I already posted this question on another thread under this category so I don't know if I'm breaking the etiqette rules of the message board. Please let me know.
Frank
I would like to state here agin under new topic:

Should I wait til I get to Guerro Negro before I get my visitor's pass or should I get it sooner. The last time in Baja we stopped in Ensenada and we wasted alot of time looking and for then waiting to get our paperwork processed. The reason why I'm concerned about waiting til I get to Guerro Negro is because of the military check points along the way. Also, what will be the easiest way to find the Estacion Biologica de la Reserva de El Vizcaino in GN?
Thanks for your help.
Frank

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by Frank_R]

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by Frank_R]

Permits

Frigatebird - 3-2-2005 at 10:57 AM

Frank,

Visitor's permits are usually quick at the US/Mex border in the far right lane where you park if you have something to declare. The Immigration office and bank are right out front and always open.

I do not think you can get hiking permits in BC. The reserve may lie within BCS only. I would ask the people of GN where or who is the "office" for the reserve.

Also, I would be surprised if someone from Ejido Bonfil couldn't take care of the particulars for their guiding fee. Just some ideas. Good luck.

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by Frigatebird]

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by Frigatebird]

I have been through GN immigration 3 times

jrbaja - 3-2-2005 at 11:10 AM

with people who didnt have their visitors pass. I believe they charged them $20 for the pass.
The checkpoints dont ask for identification, just the immigration people at G.N. or if you want to take the ferry to the mainland.

G. NEGRO ...

cristobal - 3-2-2005 at 02:11 PM

The last time that I entered BAJA SUR at the immigration checkpoint .... I received my VISA and was instructed to pay my $20. at a bank in town. If I did NOT stay in BAJA SUR more than 7 DAYS .... it would NOT be necessary to pay the $20. fee. :o:o:o

:o:smug:;D:wow::P:P

Thanks for the info

Frank_R - 3-2-2005 at 06:11 PM

ok, I'll stop t the boder and take care of visitor's pass.

Thanks for your help.
Frank

Thanks for the info

Frank_R - 3-2-2005 at 06:21 PM

[Edited on 3-3-2005 by Frank_R]