BajaNomad

We have a new graduation coming up! Today is the day!

BajaBlanca - 3-12-2018 at 08:47 PM

Hi all, this Friday Alexis will graduate in business administration from the TEC university in Santa Rosalia!

He is the second student to graduate from the first group and was in the same class with Clarissa (the marine biologist).

Alexis at TEC.jpg - 41kB

I got a sponsor to pay for dinner - we will either have dinner in Santa Rosalia this Friday after the ceremony or we will have a special dinner here in La Bocana.

For his graduation, I have bought him a watch. I will probably get him a t-shirt from Punta Abreojos and we have offered him, his mom and dad 2 free days at our hotel. Friday we shall be in Santa Rosalia for the ceremony. On Saturday, Alexis and family go to a special graduation party. Sunday they come to La Bocana.

So proud of my kid! He is the second one over from the right.

Last January he went to La Paz to improve his English. He took some classes at Passport English school and also had private lessons with my good friend Wendy.

We are hoping this will better his chances at getting a job. He did his internship at El Boleo mining company, unfortunately, they are downsizing.

Just the other day, Alexis stopped by the house for a quick visit. He was with our Catholic Padre, who was going to take him back to Santa Rosalia.

The other kid is Sergio who just started studying English with me. He is a junior in high school and wants to work on his language skills already.

So, graduation is right around the corner!!!

rsz_padre_sergio_alexis_me.jpg - 99kB

[Edited on 3-16-2018 by BajaBlanca]

MMc - 3-12-2018 at 09:36 PM

You are changing the world, good you for all of us. I hope they come back and help other too.

caj13 - 3-15-2018 at 06:31 PM

Blanca, please check your e-mail,I need some help, and it may be of benefit to your students!

BajaBlanca - 3-15-2018 at 06:38 PM

:biggrin: