BajaNomad

Gee, It's Not Baja, Instead Oaxaca, But Maybe Home Builders will Like This

GypsyJan - 3-13-2018 at 07:51 PM

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/it-may-look-funny-but-woman...

[Edited on 3-14-2018 by GypsyJan]

BajaBlanca - 3-14-2018 at 02:09 AM

Very creative! I bet those residents are so happy to have their homes.

chuckie - 3-14-2018 at 09:03 AM

Neat construction...When we had the ranch, we built a cabin of Straw bales, sprayed with stucco, wood stove , pallet floor...Cheap and very effective...Lots of BETTER ways to create housing....Thanks Jan

John Harper - 3-14-2018 at 09:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Neat construction...When we had the ranch, we built a cabin of Straw bales, sprayed with stucco, wood stove , pallet floor...Cheap and very effective...Lots of BETTER ways to create housing....Thanks Jan

My friend built an entire barn out of hay bales. Great insulation.

John

ehall - 3-14-2018 at 09:17 AM

http://www.ancientpages.com/2016/04/04/arizonas-enigmatic-be... Looks a lot like these in az

chuckie - 3-14-2018 at 09:20 AM

We used Wheat straw, not hay. Essentially free, and baled them ourselves into extra tight bales. Bound the walls together simply by driving rebar pins top to ground.....Used scrap windows from a tear down house.....

Paco Facullo - 3-14-2018 at 09:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
We used Wheat straw, not hay. Essentially free, and baled them ourselves into extra tight bales. Bound the walls together simply by driving rebar pins top to ground.....Used scrap windows from a tear down house.....
Now that's ingenuity !

Just don't pee off the wolf, or else he might burn your house down ????

yumawill - 3-15-2018 at 09:41 AM

wow!!! I'm impressed.Good On you Mexico. Straw bales won't burn. Go and try it. I tried to build with straw bale here in Yuma. Ha. Absolutely not done. No ASTM stamp on bales. County planners don't understand it. So sad that breaucrats control that which they don't understand. Looks like I'm moving to Mexico. I know, I'll become a "paracadista". Eleven million Mexicans can't be wrong. Right?

chuckie - 3-15-2018 at 02:55 PM

Straw WILL burn and often combusts itself if baled damp and stacked deep. IT IS very hard to ignite in bale form by itself. Range fires in wheat stubble are pretty scary. I never found time to go ask permission to do something on my own ground, so we tried a lot of stuff. :coolup:

Paco Facullo - 3-15-2018 at 03:06 PM

What do I know ? I'm just a City/Beach boy......

chuckie - 3-15-2018 at 03:33 PM

No problem dude....