BajaNomad

cops-surprise-workers-mariachi-show

Paco Facullo - 3-17-2018 at 06:36 PM

In the same vain as Gypsyjan

Make sure you watch the video also .

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/cops-surprise-workers-maria...

BornFisher - 3-17-2018 at 07:57 PM

What a great way to brighton a day. That was special!!

AKgringo - 3-18-2018 at 09:25 AM

It is amazing to me that migrant laborers, coming to work for Baja agricultural wages, are pulling out their smart phones!

It certainly re-defines minimum wage.

Paco Facullo - 3-18-2018 at 09:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
It is amazing to me that migrant laborers, coming to work for Baja agricultural wages, are pulling out their smart phones!

It certainly re-defines minimum wage.
I noticed that also. They could have been bought on the black market perhaps ?

That reminds me , not long ago, while having a few beers at a sidewalk cafe/restaurant in Ensenada a guy was at the bar and when his back was turned a ratero picked up his phone that he had lying on the bar and was off in a second.

[Edited on 3-18-2018 by Paco Facullo]

Loretana - 3-18-2018 at 10:50 AM

Who cares how they got 'em?

Thanks for posting such a great video!

AKgringo - 3-18-2018 at 11:12 AM

That was a great video! It would not load for me the first time I viewed this thread, so I was going by the text of the article.

The video filmed in a Veracruz shopping mall, has nothing to do with a farm workers camp in San Quintine which was the subject of the article.

Still n the realm of fun news though!

Nitpicking in vain ?

MrBillM - 3-18-2018 at 02:05 PM

The original post should be "In the same vein........".

De Nada.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 3-19-2018 at 12:39 AM

thanks for the wonderful video.

what a great way to connect with the farmworkers. i am sure they really appreciated it as i have seen some of them that live on nothing. meaning, i see them living under tarps in the arroyos. i see them in the markets when i visit and they look so sad and desperate just counting their meager monies at the checkout stand..

i hope the strikes they had accomplished something majorly positive in their benefit.

i wouldn't want to work or live in a compound with a company store, you know how that is. owing your soul to the company store.

tennesee (sp?) ernie ford

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT