BajaNomad

Cerritos Boat Launching....current status?

8knots - 3-26-2018 at 05:59 PM

Does anyone who launches from here know if they are still allowing access via the closed gate. I was told back in early January that the 'owners' of the access had closed it off to boat launching. He told me there was going to be a meeting regarding this closure. Can you still launch from there? If not, I may have a boat for sale!

Cappy - 3-27-2018 at 05:51 AM

The only boat launching is the professor is his panga. the beach club is private and not interested in allowing access. A lot of boats for sale around town.

8knots - 3-27-2018 at 02:30 PM

Thanks Cappy. Yes, beach access has sure changed there. Looks like I have to make some decisions....if this launch access dilemma holds. If the majority of our beaches north of there weren't so steep I'd launch right off the beach.

Cielomar - 3-27-2018 at 03:07 PM

I tried to enter through the gate at the Cerritos Beach Club in January and was turned around. Guy told me this is now a private club owned by the adjacent hotel or whatever it is and they weren't letting people in. He did say the access to the north against the rocks is public.
I remember when Cerritos had a few local surfers and a sometime taco stand. Greedy developers to thank??