BajaNomad

AK visit and wisdom teeth

BajaBlanca - 3-29-2018 at 06:14 AM

We had the quick visit of AKGRINGO last week! He came on the day my student and high school senior Enrique came to get money for him, Ramiro Andres and Ahilyn (pronounced Eileen) to head to TJ to get their impacted wisdom teeth out!

I had them pose and look how regal our Rex looks! I can't remember Gary's dog's name, but it is a great looking dog.

rsz_gary_and_enrique_oliveras.jpg - 94kB

Here is a photo of the 3 kids in the waiting room at the dental office. Enrique is the one who fainted in Abreojos when he went to the dentist, so we all agreed that he would be #1 in TJ to go in. He was OK this time.

March 2018  at the dentist in TJ.jpg - 24kB

Doctor Carlos only did one impacted tooth on each although they all have another one to do...he thought that it would be too much to do it all in one day. I am so bummed that they have to go all the way to Tijuana again when school is out, but there was no persuading the doc.

I had asked them to take a photo in the dental chair and Enrique did a great job of it!

rsz_in_the_dentist_chair_march_2018_one_wisdomtooth_less.jpg - 30kB

I wish to thank the sponsor of the bus tickets who wishes to remain anonymous!!!! The kids went on Sunday at 1 am from Vizcaino, spent Sunday afternoon at one of Ahilyn's relative's house, operated Monday and were on the bus at 11 pm that night.

My debit card which I sent with them for them to be able to get cash for medication did not work. I thought (at the time) that the ATMs were acting up so I called Dr. Carlos and explained the situation. He ended up giving them all pain killers and antibiotics for free. So kind, so very kind.

Part one down and part two in June! The nice part was that one of the mom's offered to take them and pick them up if I paid for her gas as she didn't have enough. That was really nice.

:spingrin:

It was good to visit!

AKgringo - 3-29-2018 at 08:14 AM

My girl's name is Bailey! She looks pretty intimidating in the photo, no wonder the checkpoints don't want to search my car!

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time my mug has ever been posted on this forum. You should have told me to suck my gut in, or is that some distortion caused by the camera?

David K - 3-29-2018 at 08:55 AM

AK, the camera distorts my midsection too! Something happens to photos when we exceed 50 years of age! :lol:

John Harper - 3-29-2018 at 09:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
My girl's name is Bailey! She looks pretty intimidating in the photo, no wonder the checkpoints don't want to search my car!

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time my mug has ever been posted on this forum. You should have told me to suck my gut in, or is that some distortion caused by the camera?

To hell with your gut, ditch that crappy T shirt.

John

AKgringo - 3-29-2018 at 09:32 AM

I should have swapped positions with Enrique, look how tall and slim it made him look!

By the way, Bailey respected Rex (a good old dog!) as the alpha dog of the domain!

motoged - 3-29-2018 at 09:34 AM

Gary,
You strike a rakish pose, regardless of your outfit and abdominal presence.....and Bailey is stately as ever....:coolup:

BajaBlanca - 3-29-2018 at 08:20 PM

Both you and Bailey look great!

Timo1 - 3-30-2018 at 08:39 AM

Gary....Where's your hat ???
You know not to go out in the sun without one.
You're gonna fall to pieces without us around.
Good thing your momma ain't around or she'd cuff ya one.