BajaNomad

Mahindra Roxor - 'new' CJ-5?

neilm81301 - 4-2-2018 at 08:58 AM

Can you buy one of these in Mexico?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/04/eric-peters/the-jeep-we-...

What kind of visa would a norteamericano need to buy & register one in Baja?

Thanks!

PaulW - 4-2-2018 at 09:16 AM

No problem. You just need to be informed on how to.
Buy it, put it on a trailer and go to Arizona and get tags for it. Maybe it is even easier to just get South Dakota tags via mail. Then trailer it to Baja and use it with the appropriate insurance.
Crossing the border going South you will need legal registration, but you do not need to import the rig. To keep the rig legal in Mexico you need to do the tag renewal each year like the rest of us. Or just ignore having the thing legal like many do.
People do the above all the time and I know of no hiccups. The best example is Robby Gordon's Dakar race vehicle running around everywhere with Az tags.

I think for use in the states you need to trailer it to any off off highway place with trails. In other words just treat it like an ATV/Quad/Side by side. Typical forest service and BLM have plenty of off highway trails for you to use.

[Edited on 4-2-2018 by PaulW]

David K - 4-2-2018 at 10:48 AM

The CJ-3B they make is cool, too!

pacificobob - 4-2-2018 at 10:59 AM

anyone know who manufactures the engine?

chuckie - 4-2-2018 at 11:06 AM

Good products...Have a couple of OLD Mahindra diesel tractors, only thing that wears out is the batteries,,,,I bet a guy in certain states..NOT Kalifornia..could buy one, put farm tags on it, stay off Federal hiways and drive the pee willies out of it....

bajatrailrider - 4-3-2018 at 08:19 AM

Hopeful It does not ride like a 70s Jeep cant see in picture. Coil overs in front or .

chuckie - 4-4-2018 at 02:58 AM

Not a real bargain for what you get tho....Base price here (Colorado) is 15, 500...bare bones....Put the Gummint gouge on that and add more...Cute tho....NO windshield available? or heater...

caj13 - 4-4-2018 at 10:08 AM

You also need to be careful , because it is not street legal in the USA. Not sure what that means licencing wise, state by state, but i doubt its a simple as pull into the DMV - get it licenced. also notre the top speed is about 45 mph. it is intended as a competitor to side by sides, not sports utes like jeeps samuarais etc

chuckie - 4-4-2018 at 10:29 AM

I knew that...