BajaNomad

Touring bike to Gonzaga

dizzyspots - 4-7-2018 at 08:13 AM

Thinking of taking Goldwing from Tucson to Gonzaga...via San Luis.... to Mex 5 to friends palapa at Rancho Grande....been that route twice a year since 07...but always truck camper...thoughts??

BigBearRider - 4-7-2018 at 08:57 AM

Easy. Just watch out for vados south of SF. There is also a turn (or two) that always catches me by surprise.

ehall - 4-7-2018 at 10:51 AM

Hurry before it gets hot. It will be a great ride.

dizzyspots - 4-7-2018 at 12:30 PM

Yeah...not till 1st week of June....

JohnJohn - 4-8-2018 at 06:59 PM

There was a Goldwing with a flat, north of SF. I stopped to see what was happening; they'd engaged a furniture moving truck to come and put down his ramp so the bike could be rolled aboard. Presumably he couldn't repair his tire by himself.

advrider - 4-8-2018 at 07:09 PM

No problem, just came that way two weeks ago. Watch the corners and the pot holes, don't be in a hurry. Good idea to take some plugs and a small compressor for the flats...

Alm - 4-8-2018 at 07:15 PM

I used to think that "touring bike" was something under 40 lbs unloaded weight ;)... no ramp is needed...

pacificobob - 4-9-2018 at 07:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
Easy. Just watch out for vados south of SF. There is also a turn (or two) that always catches me by surprise.

good counsel. i have ridden that section many times, and every single time i find i have hit at least one of those vados( dips in the road) too fast and got some unexpected air. check out the scrapes in the asphalt as you pass through. have a fun ride.