BajaNomad

Outbound Collective - Floating Away to Baja's Gonzaga Bay

HeyMulegeScott - 4-18-2018 at 12:52 PM

Here's an article I wrote for The Outbound Collective website -
https://www.theoutbound.com/scott-sichler/floating-away-to-b...

TMW - 4-18-2018 at 01:24 PM

Excellent, thanks.

David K - 4-18-2018 at 03:18 PM

Nice!!:bounce::bounce:

HeyMulegeScott - 4-18-2018 at 05:38 PM

Thanks, guys.

freediverbrian - 4-18-2018 at 08:59 PM

The pot holes south of San Felipe ARE very dangerous avoid !! No not venture south;D

HeyMulegeScott - 4-19-2018 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
The pot holes south of San Felipe ARE very dangerous avoid !! No not venture south;D

Parts of the road look like someone tried to plow the pavement. Maybe someone trying to protect their little slice of paradise from too many travelers?

Paco Facullo - 4-19-2018 at 08:41 AM

You've discovered a little slice which is the magic of Baja..... Well done video....

AKgringo - 4-19-2018 at 08:50 AM

Some of that pavement definitely reflects the work of the lowest bidder! To me it looked like parts of the road were chip sealed, rather than using a product from an asphalt plant.

Those "plow marks" may have been the pattern of the hot oil being sprayed on a gravel base. I noticed that the painted centerline appeared to seal the surface, and wound up being raised areas as the blacktop eroded.

HeyMulegeScott - 4-19-2018 at 01:35 PM

Paco Facullo - Thanks!

AKgringo - Definitely some interesting work. I took it slow in our Winnebago and really didn't have any problems. It's the other guys barreling through there that scare me. I was going North from Kilometer 60 in my Jeep last Friday and some idiot towing a toy hauler was all over the road with the trailer fishtailing coming at me.

Jeffrowfo - 4-19-2018 at 03:20 PM

So awesome! I am a newbie to the forum and I am loving the sense of community here.

I am planning a trip to Gonzaga Bay, Maybe in June. This will be to introduce my wife to Baja and its beauty. I plan on traveling either thru Ensanada with stops in San Quintin then over to Cocos Corner on our way to the bay.
She has never been past TJ.
I have been blesses to have driven to and from Cabo from Las Vegas in 2007 and last year I flew to Loreto and raced the 600 miles of the Baja 1000 then drove home from La Paz.
I am looking forward to starting a new post to ask for pointers etc

[Edited on 4-19-2018 by Jeffrowfo]

HeyMulegeScott - 4-19-2018 at 03:44 PM

Jeffrowfo - Cool. Welcome. I've found the folks here very helpful.