BajaNomad

Bajabound

advrider - 4-20-2018 at 08:04 PM

Just wanted to share what happened when a friend needed his Mexican insurance, Bajabound/chubb... Three weeks ago we were both in Baja on different rides but he crashed on the way into bay of LA hard enough to total his new Honda CRF1000....
Many things went right with a bad situation, like Chris Haynes tours coming by and seeing a crashed bike in the desert with no one around and a pile of bloody towels on the ground! They left a note under a rock and loaded the bike up and brought it into the Bay of LA. Then when they met up with the owner they took him to LaPaz with them to catch a plane ride home while they hauled his bike back to San Diego with them.
Bajabound answered the call when they were needed and responded to Emails with in the hour. They had an adjuster in LaPaz and took care of everything they needed to do. My friend told me today he was just paid out and able to buy the bike back at a very reasonable price. My friend said it was a better experience than he has had in the US!
The local police were very helpful in BOLA and went to pick up the bike in there truck when they saw it on the trailer on the way into town. They took the rider to the clinic and made sure he was OK and that he knew where his friends were.
I just wanted to let people know about a couple of good companies and share a crazy Baja story with a good ending!

TMW - 4-20-2018 at 09:06 PM

That is good news and good for Chris Haynes crew on what they did. Also a shout out to the police and Bajabound for a job well done. It is always good to hear when everyone pulls together to help someone in need. Thanks to all of them.

fishbuck - 4-20-2018 at 09:29 PM

The second half of this story is excellent.
The 1st half was sadly predictable. I'm sorry your friend got hurt. I wish him speedy recovery.

vandy - 4-21-2018 at 04:44 AM

Bajabound brokers insurance from different Mexican insurance companies.
Any idea which one he used?

My brother had great service after a totalled-truck accident through ACE Seguros, one of Bajabound's options.

Always nice to know who ALL the good guys are.:D

David K - 4-21-2018 at 08:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by vandy  
Bajabound brokers insurance from different Mexican insurance companies.
Any idea which one he used?

My brother had great service after a totalled-truck accident through ACE Seguros, one of Bajabound's options.

Always nice to know who ALL the good guys are.:D

The OP said Chubb ("bajabound/chubb"), which is the new name for Ace, as I recall being posted a few months ago.

willardguy - 4-21-2018 at 11:03 AM

bringing your brand new Africa Twin home in a basket.....you want to talk about pain!:(

BajaBlanca - 4-21-2018 at 02:02 PM

Great ending to an extremely sad beginning.

advrider - 4-22-2018 at 06:30 PM

Correct David it was Chubb. He thinks that when he coming across the dirt past Coco's maybe a little faster then he should have that one of the rock hits broke a spoke. When he hit a big pothole on the way into BOLA the spoke went into the tube causing a front blowout at highway speeds. Funny ending to the story is one of the guys with the tour also bought the totaled bike! LOL, good ending all the way around...