BajaNomad

Ensenada Area Hotels?

1Bajalover - 4-27-2018 at 08:54 PM

I know there is a list but I am not sure how current it is and wanted to get some hotel suggestions that are recent for a few day stay around Ensenada -maybe closer to the beach than being right in town - and budget to moderate but clean and safe - need something next week
thanks for suggestions!

bajaguy - 4-27-2018 at 08:58 PM

Hostel Todos Santos

https://www.facebook.com/TodosSantosHostel

Ken Cooke - 4-27-2018 at 09:05 PM

Moderate price range - Quintas Papagayo - just north of Ensenada.

JZ - 4-27-2018 at 11:16 PM

Marina Coral is the best hotel in Ensenada.

David K - 4-28-2018 at 07:12 AM

I thought the Hotel San Nicolas was considered by many 'the best'? Doesn't it have the largest swimming pool in Baja California, too?

The best 'what' is probably important to include?

[Edited on 4-28-2018 by David K]

shari - 4-28-2018 at 07:39 AM

I loved staying at Hostal Todos Santos....near the beach, great view from the upstairs patio and very interesting international guests...and cheap, secure and clean! AND Ensenadas BEST sushi restaurant is a couple blocks away... SEKI!

JZ - 4-28-2018 at 09:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I thought the Hotel San Nicolas was considered by many 'the best'? Doesn't it have the largest swimming pool in Baja California, too?

San Nicolas is a chit hole compared to the Coral.

Paco Facullo - 4-28-2018 at 09:59 AM

This is the hotel I like best for a great location ( but in town ) secure parking and at a good price.
Hotel Santo Thomas

http://hotelsantotomas.wixsite.com/ensenada

mtgoat666 - 4-28-2018 at 10:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

there are different strokes for different folks!

TMW - 4-28-2018 at 12:32 PM

The best room I have ever stayed at in Ensenada was Americas Best Value Inn. It was another name at the time like Best Western or what ever. The room was above the clerks office on the 2 or 3 floor with a balcony on the street side. It was a few years ago. It had a bathroom that was unbelievable. As good as or better than any Best Western, Holiday Inn or Hilton in the U.S.

BajaTed - 4-28-2018 at 12:36 PM

Quintas Papagayo has mid century modern bungalows on the beach outside of the main part of town. Super mercado across the street.
A lady from Sweeden used to run the place back in the day

Udo - 4-28-2018 at 12:42 PM

May I put in two centavos?

While our place was being built in Punta Banda, we stayed many times at the California Villas and Hotel.

Rooms 14, 15, and 16 are on the cliff at the water's edge. Just pull out some of the room's chair and you can relax while you enjoy a view of Punta Banda, and watch the cruise ships sail by. Then sip on a margarita and enjoy the sun setting behind Todos Santos Island.

VERY secure parking.

http://www.motel-california.com or 646 174 60 33

thebajarunner - 4-28-2018 at 04:58 PM

We stayed at Coral last month.
Very very nice, perhaps a bit pricey.

My favorite is just past the toll booths....
Las Rosas--- "Muy Romantico"
Great location overlooking the water
Very comfy, and clean
Far from the tourist clamor
Secure parking

Santo Tomas- stayed there many many times
Each time it gets a bit more seedy, sorry to say

1Bajalover - 4-30-2018 at 11:29 PM

thank you all for the great referrals!
was feeling rushed so checked out the Hostal and it seems wonderful for the price and close to the water and I think there will be lots of interesting travelers there as well
this here is a great list to choose from next times and to refer others to
Nomads are just the best!