BajaNomad

cell phone service

1Bajalover - 4-30-2018 at 11:33 PM

My cell phone plan is too expensive to use in Mexico according to what info I could get from them - can anyone recommend a good way to have a temporary cell phone while there for the week and possibly something more long term(later) for down there - just for the northern part of Baja probably
Thank You

BajaMama - 5-1-2018 at 06:10 AM

If you have an AT&T data plan use if Mexico and Canada is free.

weebray - 5-1-2018 at 07:27 AM

Go see Cal.........errrr make that Telcel. Free phone, pay as you go. Does not get any cheaper. If you want video, live TV, texting to China, a 3D camera and a built in vibrator you'll have to pay a little bit more.

thebajarunner - 5-1-2018 at 03:34 PM

My sis just found out her TMobile is free in Mexico
My Verizon plan is a flat $5 per day in Canada or Mexico, just for the days that I use it.
That means ten days in Baja I am generally in cell service for just 3 or 4 so no big deal.
Nice to be in contact for about $20..... that surely doesn't break the bank.
Spent 3 days in Toronto last week and added a massive $10 to my monthly bill..... Paid that much for a Molson draft and chips at the hotel bar.

HeyMulegeScott - 5-1-2018 at 05:43 PM

We have a Verizon unlimited plan so Mexico is included for no extra charge. Here's a great write up on your options -
https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/resources/keeping-connected...

1Bajalover - 5-2-2018 at 02:32 PM

good tips everyone - I have a Verizon monthly plan and bought the Mexico usage but it is not going through from up north so will buy a Telcel plan when I get there and use it for the time being - but may need to look into something more long term - not sure yet
thanks all!

Marc - 5-3-2018 at 04:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
If you have an AT&T data plan use if Mexico and Canada is free.

That's what I have. It's free.