BajaNomad

Hotel north of San Felipe

8knots - 5-4-2018 at 07:25 AM

On short notice I need to drive north from BCS leaving tomorrow and was wondering if you have a good recommendation for a hotel that will give us safe, easy access off 5 so we can hop on the road to Tecate the next morning.

This is our first time not taking 1.

Thanks!

grizzlyfsh95 - 5-4-2018 at 07:30 AM

Suggest Hotel Los Angeles just So of San felipe. (Above the harbor there) Good rates, safe. Nothing much good N of SF.

mtnpop - 5-4-2018 at 07:56 AM

We and some friends have been using Sky Blue north of town on the west side..
Stayed there last week on the way north and seems they have let maintenance take a back seat anyway on the room we got.. also the price for 2 of us was $700 pesos that's still only $45 USD or so.
handy restaurant right next door
Don't expect wifi in the room now or very good TV if you want it...
Room and bedding was clean and good parking lot..
Don't see many on the north side, several in town...

Cancamo - 5-4-2018 at 08:00 AM

Hotel El Diamante north of town, secure parking, dogs OK, clean, standard accommodations, around 600p.

David K - 5-4-2018 at 08:54 AM

Recommend Hotel Sky Blue, north of town, km. 182 (west side of the highway).

I stayed at the Diamante last year (Km. 185.5) and even though I asked for a quiet room, in the back of the large complex (I was the only guest checked in), a couple hours later, about ready to fall asleep... new guests were put in the room next door followed by two families with kids (running back and forth), in the rooms above mine!!! Jumping up and down, after 10 pm... it was a nightmare... with dozens of unused rooms far from mine, they put all guests close together. Reminds me of how Mexico camps on the beach during Semana Santa!

The next morning, I had a great breakfast at the Road Runner Cafe (Km. 179, Playa del Oro entrance) and a couple there I met said they had several nights of comfort at the Hotel Sky Blue (Km. 182). They were buying property in the area for their retirement.

8knots - 5-4-2018 at 03:25 PM

Thanks everyone! Leaving tomorrow and sure appreciate the help.