BajaNomad

Anyone from PNW heading past Vizcaino soon? SuperScrappy did it! Gracias.

vgabndo - 5-13-2018 at 09:28 PM

My friend
Jaime Morales Villavicencio who lives in Bahia Asuncion and cares for the Biosphere there, asked me find some books for him. They are on order and I need to find someone to drive them south or get them on a bus at the border.
I live right on I-5 near the Oregon border. Any ideas?

[Edited on 5-14-2018 by vgabndo]

[Edited on 5-31-2018 by vgabndo]

Paco Facullo - 5-14-2018 at 06:58 AM

I don't think you could put them on a bus and get them to your destination in Bahia Asuncion.

I may be going in June but I'm not sure yet . I will let you know if I do.

[Edited on 5-14-2018 by Paco Facullo]

BajaMama - 5-14-2018 at 07:25 AM

I could drop them at Mario's in GN next week. Can you mail them to the bay area to arrive no later than Monday 5/21?

vgabndo - 5-14-2018 at 07:05 PM

The books haven't arrived yet, so I don't know the time line, but I'll sure do it if it can be done. Thanks

Udo - 5-14-2018 at 07:10 PM

I will be going to BA in July from Ensenada. I may be able to help if the books are not there yet.

I am generally in South San Diego about every 2-3 weeks.

SuperScrappy - 5-15-2018 at 08:06 AM

We can take them down if you mail them to us. We are planning on being in BA at the end of May

boe4fun - 5-15-2018 at 08:24 AM

If anyone is traveling to Bahía Asuncion in the near future I have two small batteries for a handheld marine radio for Ernesto (works for the govt at “Catastro” on the main drag in town. I can mail them to you for delivery. TIA Paul Boe

vgabndo - 5-15-2018 at 02:29 PM

Baja Mama, I just got the books. I'm going to make SURE there isn't a time problem by going with delivery at the end of the month. Thanks for the offer.

SuperScrappy, please PM me your address, I'll shoot you a small package ASAP.

[Edited on 5-15-2018 by vgabndo]

DianaT - 5-15-2018 at 04:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by boe4fun  

If anyone is traveling to Bahía Asuncion in the near future I have two small batteries for a handheld marine radio for Ernesto (works for the govt at “Catastro” on the main drag in town. I can mail them to you for delivery. TIA Paul Boe

I wonder if that is the same radio Junior sold to us when he needed money and we ended up giving back to him. He was one we never hesitated to loan money to when he was not being paid because he always paid it back. He would accept gifts, but never EXPECTED gifts as some do.

vgabndo, Jamie should enjoy wading through those books. :-)

And if anyone is looking for something to take to him and his family for all they do for everyone, they LOVE French Roast Coffee beans and we miss taking them down to him. We used to buy the San Francisco Beans at Costco.

vgabndo - 5-15-2018 at 05:55 PM

Did I tell you what he asked for?

DianaT - 5-15-2018 at 06:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vgabndo  
Did I tell you what he asked for?

Read it on Facebook, not here. :-)

[Edited on 5-16-2018 by DianaT]

vgabndo - 5-16-2018 at 09:38 PM

:):):):)

vgabndo - 5-30-2018 at 08:58 PM

I want to give a nice "shout-out" to SuperScrappy for delivery of books to Bahia Asuncion. I just got a message that they've arrived perfectly. Gracias.