Anyone try this?

chuckie - 5-17-2018 at 07:32 AM

What is a "hack"?

mtgoat666 - 5-17-2018 at 07:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
What is a "hack"?

if you click on that link, your computer gets "hacked" :lol:

bkbend - 5-17-2018 at 07:57 AM

To jury-rig or improvise something inelegant but effective, usually as a temporary solution to a problem.

(Courtesy of Urbandictionary.com)

Paco Facullo - 5-17-2018 at 08:07 AM

In the trades we always called someone a "hack" if the were doing shoddy work..

chuckie - 5-17-2018 at 08:09 AM

I thought it was a kind of saw...

mtgoat666 - 5-17-2018 at 08:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  
See perfect tamales every time here.
Anyone try this?

not really a new method. i have not made tamales, but have made tortillas that way

TMW - 5-17-2018 at 10:06 AM

A good tamale should have a black olive with the seed in it. The ones we use to buy from the lady at the PEMEX in Vizcaino were outstanding.

nbentley1 - 5-17-2018 at 10:11 AM

The ones that the guys whole roll up and down the beaches in Conception also hit the spot.

Paco Facullo - 5-17-2018 at 10:16 AM

I do SO love a good tamale and there are some really good one's sold by the little old ladies on the streets in Mexico.

But the best I have ever had wasn't in Mexico but in Colombia. Again it was a little old lady on the street selling them.
What made the Colombia tomals SO good was that they were wrapped in banana leaves, were considerably larger, were nice and juicy and had a whole chicken leg (with bone) inside. She also sold puerco that was outstanding also.
They were about a dollar each .

TMW - 5-17-2018 at 10:20 AM

A chicken leg, that's a new twist.

Chup - 5-17-2018 at 03:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by nbentley1  
The ones that the guys whole roll up and down the beaches in Conception also hit the spot.

Absolutely ! If we are talking about the same folks, he and his wife would drive around early time and have the best tamales. Each one with the olive and pit.
:)

Carmelita, in Villa Jesus María

David K - 5-17-2018 at 04:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
A good tamale should have a black olive with the seed in it. The ones we use to buy from the lady at the PEMEX in Vizcaino were outstanding.

AKgringo - 5-17-2018 at 04:24 PM

A bowl of olives with pits....bring them on! Hide one in a tamale....why would you do that?

I bit into one in Bahia Asuncion in March, and my teeth aren't up to that challenge. It was good though!

bajabuddha - 5-17-2018 at 04:51 PM

Nuthin' like a home-made tamale con pollo (w/olive and pit) broken open and two over-easy juevos on top and a generous dollop of Herdez salsa..... oooooo baby.
Here in NM tamales are abundant, but NONE have measured up to my Baja faves, mainly because they don't use the olive and it just ain't the same. I'd buy a bunch and frizz 'em, take one out, steam it proper, and garnish.
A true heavenly desayuno. :spingrin:

tiotomasbcs - 5-17-2018 at 05:01 PM

Agree with all you dogs..except in Central America..Nicaragua . La Nagatamale with large portions of...olive, pork, raisins, etc. Girlfriends Auntie hated me but Man, could she cook!! Love Tamales!!

[Edited on 5-18-2018 by tiotomasbcs]

Paco Facullo - 5-17-2018 at 05:01 PM

You Bastards aren't only makin' me vary hungry but I'm missing Baja even more than normal...

Thanks a-lot Pal's

tiotomasbcs - 5-17-2018 at 05:05 PM

Stuck in LA, Paco? Should have looked us up! Best time of year....Now!
Tio:cool:

TMW - 5-17-2018 at 07:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

Carmelita, in Villa Jesus María.

For some reason I don't remember her tamales as much as her beef taquitos (sp). Now they were great, actually everything she cooked and sold was great.

David K - 5-17-2018 at 09:37 PM

Her sister now has the nice bright restaurant just east, same side of Pemex.