BajaNomad

Looking to purchase 5th wheel- San Felipe region

dmer - 5-20-2018 at 09:19 AM

Looking for one that is in clean and in good condition;
29-33 ft. Needs to be in the San Felipe region as I will have it transported from your place.
Thanks

[Edited on 5-20-2018 by dmer]

[Edited on 5-20-2018 by dmer]

yumawill - 5-22-2018 at 06:05 AM

Looking for anything TIN on wheels! Come to Yuma. This is "tin City". You won't believe the great deals to be had. Anything older than Ten years is being given away because the Parks won't let them in.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 5-22-2018 at 07:52 AM

hola yumawill,

sounds good !

any dealer names in tin city or websites ?

i thank you in advance,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

bajabuddha - 5-22-2018 at 08:40 AM

Ditto with DA RAT. Also, best month for trailer shopping?

motoged - 5-22-2018 at 03:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by yumawill  
..... Anything older than Ten years is being given away because the Parks won't let them in.

Why is that? :?:

dmer - 5-23-2018 at 08:09 PM

Looking for anything TIN on wheels! Come to Yuma. This is "tin City". You won't believe the great deals to be had. Anything older than Ten years is being given away because the Parks won't let them in.

********Tried to deal with one dealer who said they were in Yuma: Cousin Terry's or something like that. Well, the lot is 350 miles away in Fort Mojave, AZ. Geeze!

caj13 - 5-25-2018 at 12:18 PM

not sure what you are looking to spend, there is a guy here in the classified selling property with 5th wheel - complete set up, including a cheap jeep etc with solar set up in san felipe (el dorado) for 20K. you buy that, you get the 5th wheel and a place to live, and store the 5th wheel when you are not traveling,

mtgoat666 - 5-25-2018 at 01:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
..... Anything older than Ten years is being given away because the Parks won't let them in.

Park owners consider anything older than 10 years as too old and unattractive and indicative of potentially undesirable people. basically, they think if you dont have a late model rig then you are probably a hillbilly traveling in a heap of junk eyesore.
These park owners get the heaby jeabies when they see some of the trailers nomads live in in BOLA :lol::lol:

motoged - 5-25-2018 at 07:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Park owners consider anything older than 10 years as too old and unattractive and indicative of potentially undesirable people. basically, they think if you dont have a late model rig then you are probably a hillbilly traveling in a heap of junk eyesore.
These park owners get the heaby jeabies when they see some of the trailers nomads live in in BOLA :lol::lol:

So that explains the vibe when I pull up with my cargo trailer camper ...:biggrin:

AKgringo - 5-25-2018 at 08:25 PM

It all sounds kind of upscale to me, I frequently travel like a homeless guy sleeping in his car!

A large rowdy dog and low travel budget limit my options.