BajaNomad

Uber

dpf33a - 6-1-2018 at 05:08 PM

Does Uber exist in San Quintín, thanks

David K - 6-3-2018 at 08:34 AM

Try u2u message to 'BajaGringo' here or if you Facebook, to Ron at TalkBaja. He lives in the San Quintin area. https://www.facebook.com/TalkBajaMexico/

I don't recall anyone talking about Uber in Mexico before?

SFandH - 6-3-2018 at 08:47 AM

Uber is in many major Mexican cities. A friend just used one to get to the TJ airport from another spot in TJ the other day.

I sort of doubt San Quintin though.

JZ - 6-3-2018 at 12:40 PM

Guaymas-San Carlos has it on the mainland.

Uber drivers going Darunter

MrBillM - 6-3-2018 at 01:20 PM

Interesting article in today's (Sunday) L.A. Times regarding many Uber drivers in the U.S. going broke. The better their business, the broker they get.

It's hard to imagine so many (reasonably intelligent) people getting into something like that without doing fairly elemental research into what their overhead would be.

I'm reminded of the story (years ago) regarding a photofinishing business in Hollywood that found they were spending $1.10 for every dollar earned. Business got so good over the Christmas holiday that they went broke.

BajaBlanca - 6-4-2018 at 07:44 AM

My students used UBER in La Paz to come visit me, one of my ex students works for UBER in Ensenada, she frequently goes to LAX with passengers.

shari - 6-4-2018 at 08:00 AM

Uber is thriving in Ensenada too.

motoged - 6-4-2018 at 09:39 AM

Uber is having difficulty screening their drivers re: criminal records....scary number of sexual assaults by drivers at least in USA...

Paco Facullo - 6-4-2018 at 09:57 AM

I could only wish that someone would sexually assault me ??

BajaGringo - 6-4-2018 at 10:24 AM

Uber has not yet made it here to San Quintin although there is a growing group of locals here trying to make it happen. In the meantime, if you have a trip planned down here and just need some help with logistics, message me and I'll see if I can't hook you up with a workable solution...

Howard - 6-4-2018 at 10:45 AM

Maybe it's just a matter of time. I just got back from Hong Kong and New Zealand where we used Uber.

Paco Facullo - 6-4-2018 at 10:52 AM

I LOVE Uber !

I am a avid traveler and as such have had to deal with the rip off taxi's in most countries..
It is such a relief to not have to deal with those scumbags anymore...

I was in Guadalajara a few years ago when all the taxi's did a protest of Uber, they had hundreds of taxi's park and block the main roads downtown. There were sort of riots also.

A lot of good it did as Uber is still going strong and expanding....
The taxi service worldwide needed a revamping...

[Edited on 6-4-2018 by Paco Facullo]

John Harper - 6-4-2018 at 11:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

My buddy is a sheriff, he can arrange it. Knows which cell to put you in with the right crowd to do you up right.

John

Paco Facullo - 6-4-2018 at 12:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

My buddy is a sheriff, he can arrange it. Knows which cell to put you in with the right crowd to do you up right.

John

Please don't tease me , unless you have a lovely feather and a cat-O-nine tails.....