BajaNomad

Eyeglasses in Rosarito Beach?

SFandH - 6-7-2018 at 08:07 AM

It's time for an eye exam and new glasses. I'm looking for store recommendations. I'm not interested in designer frames however I do want quality (strong) frames. I usually end up spending a bundle in San Diego on the frames. Hoping to save some money this time around.

wilderone - 6-7-2018 at 08:50 AM

"spending a bundle in San Diego on the frames"
I just got two pair of eyeglasses for a base price of $78 (for both, frames, polycarbon, exam) at Eyeglass World in San Diego. Very large selection of frames in the 2/$78 range. I had one pair made into sunglasses for driving for $30 more. also paid a bit extra for a contact lens Rx, and then bought contacts online. I think the glasses were ready the next day; sunglasses for some reason I had to wait a week. There are other companies that offer the two-pair deal for even less, but I'm happy. I found a pair of glasses at the thrift store a few years ago that I liked and were gold plated, and after I had purchased my glasses, asked if I could have used those frames, and she said I could.

willardguy - 6-7-2018 at 09:45 AM

I use centro optico Coronel on the bottom of the Oceana tower although i've never actually comparison shopped. there's also (yet another) big new store just opened in the pabellon mall, and of course the one in walmart.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 6-7-2018 at 10:23 PM

and the one in costco ?

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT