BajaNomad

Howzabout them tacos?

motoged - 6-16-2018 at 11:05 AM

Nomads, please list your favourite taco stands in between Guerrero Negro and Loreto that you have enjoyed in past year by town, name and location.

tiotomasbcs - 6-16-2018 at 11:29 AM

Los Poblanos in GN..delicious! GN also has great fish tacos but I don't remember names. These are usually lunch stops headed for Mulege from north. And how could I forget Danny's in Mulege. Good food and street action in el centro!

[Edited on 6-16-2018 by tiotomasbcs]

[Edited on 6-16-2018 by tiotomasbcs]

bajabuddha - 6-16-2018 at 12:36 PM

Double-down on Danny's in Mulege... order a large sopa frijol and 2 carne asada tacos.... dump the meat in the bowl of soup and add some salsa rojo and some sebollas, and then use the tortillas as soppers. Or, Danny's fish tacos are always fabulous. Roast pork on Saturdays all day or until he runs out, and you can buy the meat by the kilo with all the fixin's for large parties or take-home.

#2 ~ the yellow carne asada taco shop at the top of the "in" street, Sta. Rosalia. Buy a cervesa from the deposito next door if you don't want soda pop.

David K - 6-16-2018 at 12:42 PM

Good thread... maybe more areas of Baja can be included after you get your answer?

In Loreto... I miss her place...

BigBearRider - 6-16-2018 at 05:44 PM

So many good places.

I think my favorite in that area that I’ve tried (sure there are many others) is called Tacos el Poblano, on the main drag in Santa Rosalia. Next to El Boleo. Very good.

I lik Asadero Danny in Mulege as well.

Archie - 6-16-2018 at 06:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
Los Poblanos in GN..delicious! GN also has great fish tacos but I don't remember names. These are usually lunch stops headed for Mulege from north. And how could I forget Danny's in Mulege. Good food and street action in el centro!

The Poblanos in the entrance, next to Coca Cola Plant are filthy, you won't see any locals eating there. El cowboy across the street are way better.

The second poblanos, also on main street, are not so bad, but there's a rumor in town they also sell drugs late at night. You don't want to get caught in the middle of a transaction gone bad, while chowing down a few "de asada".

In GN, if you are into tacos de cabeza, Mayel´s are the best in town, they're located on main street, like a hundred feet before the first stop sign, across the street of hotel San Jose.

If birria it's what you like, across the street of the gas station on the curve, its Birrieria Don Carlos. They´re very very good.

For a little more variety (cabeza, tripa, asada, adobada), go all the way on main street like if you're going to the bank, you´ll find them right in front of the mexican navy station.

The only poblanos i recommend are in San quintín, a few hundred feet from the stop light coming N to S. Clean place, handmade tortillas, fresh meat, fresh produce and not so expensive. The tostada de adobada con queso, "vampiros" they call´em, its hands down the best in the entire baja, i would choose them against any taquería from Ens or Tj.

tobias - 6-16-2018 at 07:10 PM

The best tacos al pastor i have ever had, maybe the best tacos period were at Tacos Pablanos in GN.
Just a block or so east of Malarrimo.
Just amazing
In Loreto its el rey.
In Todos Santos there is a lady known as the taco N-zi.
You wait in line , speak your tacos ( there are only two choices, shrimp or fish) then you sit and wait FOREVER while she meticulously crafts each taco one by one.
They are worth it.