BajaNomad

Germany v Mexico in the World Cup today

JoeJustJoe - 6-17-2018 at 07:40 AM

Mexico vs. Germany: World Cup ( this morning at 8 am)

MOSCOW — Germany begins its World Cup title defense on Sunday with a game against at Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow. The Germans are trying to become the first country to win consecutive World Cups since Brazil in 1962.

Go Mexico!

Hook - 6-17-2018 at 08:55 AM

Mexico leads 1-0, at the half!!! This would be a huge upset, but it wont guarantee that Mexico advances, nor that Germany goes home.

Germany is generally considered the favorite to win the tournament.

Any else experiencing NO AUDIO in their World Cup feed on Fox Sports 1 via Direct TV Now? It's been off for hours now. All other channels working on my Fire Box streaming DTV and FS1.

JoeJustJoe - 6-17-2018 at 09:18 AM

Yes surprisingly Mexico is leading 1-0 at halftime!

Mexico is outplaying Germany, at least they did the first half.

If Mexico, wins this will be a big upset, and expect the Mexicans to go nuts in Mexico, and in Latino neighborhoods in the southwest US.

However, Germany, seems to be doing better in the 2nd half.

I love to listen to Andrés Cantor, the sportscaster that screams, “GGGGOOOOAAAALLLL” when someone scores!

deportes - 6-17-2018 at 09:54 AM

Viva Mexico cabrones!

Hook - 6-17-2018 at 09:55 AM

Final, Mexico beats Germany, 1-0.

While I am in awe of how these players control the ball and pass, I dont know if this sport will ever catch on in the US with how little scoring ever happens.

The first time I got interested in the World Cup was the first one after we moved to Mexico, 2010. Final game between Spain and Netherlands went into overtime scoreless. Spain eventually got a goal in OT to prevent the dreaded shoot-out or penalty kick.

[Edited on 6-17-2018 by Hook]

JoeJustJoe - 6-17-2018 at 09:55 AM

Mexico wins 1-0

Germany outplayed Mexico in the 2nd half, but couldn't score.

Viva Mexico.

deportes - 6-17-2018 at 09:59 AM

Buen trabajo de los cuates mexicanos despues de la palisa que recibieron en manos de Chile en la copa america. Mexico pa Chile y Chile pa los Mexicanos!

woody with a view - 6-17-2018 at 10:15 AM

Soccer is the sport of the masses! Peru controlled the 1st half and then gagged every time they should have scored. It's the human condition.... Strike while you can and hope for the best!

Congats to El Tri!

Paco Facullo - 6-17-2018 at 10:26 AM

I'M LOVING IT !!

A HUGE win for Mexico..... Mexico deserves it ......

There's going to be a lot of drunk Mexicans today.....

BajaBlanca - 6-17-2018 at 10:42 AM

Viva Mexicooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Now to root for Brasil in 15 minutes.

del mar - 6-17-2018 at 10:47 AM

motoGP, Mexico/Germany, and the US open.....quite a fathers day morning!:coolup:

V6G3B7 - 6-17-2018 at 11:16 AM

Here is a live blog feed with pictures, statistics, more ... https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/match/300331502/#match...

[Edited on 6-17-2018 by V6G3B7]

SFandH - 6-17-2018 at 11:33 AM

How many more games do they need to win to make it to the final game?

John Harper - 6-17-2018 at 11:45 AM

I think six more. Three in group, the round of 16, 8, 4, 2. They may be able to lose one in group play, as the top two in each 8 groups goes to the round of 16.

John

[Edited on 6-17-2018 by John Harper]

BajaBlanca - 6-17-2018 at 12:02 PM

V6G - those photos tell it all!

V6G3B7 - 6-17-2018 at 01:06 PM

Thanks, Blanca.

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
V6G - those photos tell it all!

To REALLY appreciate how huge a win this is for Mexico ...

V6G3B7 - 6-17-2018 at 01:14 PM

To REALLY appreciate how HUGE a win this is for Mexico ... take a look at these statistics for Germany between 1990-2018 for their FIFA World Cup opening matches against an opponent. Germany 'always' wins and sometimes 'slaughters' the other team. The numbers tell it all.

Mexico and their coach deserve a huge high-five for this upset.

willardguy - 6-17-2018 at 02:11 PM

they're saying the eruption in mexico city actually registered on the earthquake-o-meter!

tobianogreg - 6-17-2018 at 02:52 PM

Erasing the horror of the 2014 Arjun Robben dive...

V6G3B7 - 6-17-2018 at 07:03 PM

Thanks, Willard!
Funny.
As I watched the Fox-sport guys - and I concur -there were 70-80% Mexico fans / Germany fans in that Russian stadium! Wow. :o

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
they're saying the eruption in mexico city actually registered on the earthquake-o-meter!

Todays' Mexico / Germany stats in this poat

V6G3B7 - 6-17-2018 at 07:18 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=90533

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Mexico vs. Germany: World Cup ( this morning at 8 am)

MOSCOW — Germany begins its World Cup title defense on Sunday with a game against at Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow. The Germans are trying to become the first country to win consecutive World Cups since Brazil in 1962.

Go Mexico!

freediverbrian - 6-18-2018 at 05:33 PM

Want to root for Mexico,but the puto and maricon chats must stop.

JoeJustJoe - 6-19-2018 at 09:11 AM

Leading up to the match between Germany v Mexico, I was watching a local Spanish TV station in Tijuana, and the show was about Mexican soccer fan in Russia to watch their favorite team.

Most of the show was about Mexican soccer fan in Russia, putting down the Russian food, and they showed things like green Russian hamburgers!

I never been to Russia, or tried the food, so I don't know if the Mexicans, were just being ugly Mexicans tourists, or if the food was truly that bad. I think it was a little of both.

Marc - 6-20-2018 at 08:18 AM

BORING....Like watching paint dry...or shopping with the wife.
They should reduce the number of players and install a shot clock. Just sayin'.;D;D

woody with a view - 6-20-2018 at 07:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
Brian, these are sports fans; you expect thoughtful behavior? :rolleyes::lol:

The whole PC mentality is ludicrous. People have hated anyone different than their klan since the Neanderthals were first made fun of until they went extinct. Stop trying to alter tribal DNA traits!

Natural selection is bigger than your single hurt feeling.

🤣👍😂🖕👀

DawnPatrol - 6-21-2018 at 08:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

The whole PC mentality is ludicrous. People have hated anyone different than their klan since the Neanderthals were first made fun of until they went extinct. Stop trying to alter tribal DNA traits!

Natural selection is bigger than your single hurt feeling.

🤣👍😂🖕👀

Amen to that Woody.....

freediverbrian - 6-21-2018 at 06:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DawnPatrol  
Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

Natural selection is bigger than your single hurt feeling

Neanderthals had an IQ of about 70 , boarder line marooon I would hope after 500,000 years and a few more IQ points ( not many from the posts on this board) we would evolve to a better human or at least try to be .Know the difference between right and wrong. And if I am different that you all I can say is thank you.

🤣👍😂🖕👀

Amen to that Woody.....

woody with a view - 6-21-2018 at 06:25 PM

Yessir! People made fun of dumb Neanderthals was my point. Because they were different..... Not much has changed in all these eons, but I digress.

[Edited on 6-22-2018 by woody with a view]

Paco Facullo - 6-21-2018 at 08:57 PM

Basically most people are insecure lost souls grasping onto whatever " meaning for life " that they find suited to their personal values.

For some it's Religions, some their race, some cults, etc. And then there are the others that get into "their " sports team, bowling team, racing team, etc.

Most people are F'ed up . Some more than others. That's all....

Remember that you are a fluke of the universe......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey6ugTmCYMk

JoeJustJoe - 6-23-2018 at 07:24 AM

Don't forget in less than an hour, or 8 am in Pacific Standard Time, it's Mexico v South Korea.

This time Mexico is the favorite to win.

If you think Mexico will win and you want to pick up some quick cash. Mexico is a -160 favorite on the money line, meaning you have to bet $160 dollars to win $100 dollars.