BajaNomad

Hubby is Home in Rosarito from San Diego Hospital, Car Still Missing

GypsyJan - 6-17-2018 at 05:21 PM

I talked to San Diego PD again and verified that they hadn't towed it. I talked to the owner of the towing company that has the contract for the area and he hadn't towed it, that it was probably stolen.

I asked him, "Why would anyone want a 25-year-old car?" He instantly replied, "This close to the border, Mexicans." (This man is Hispanic.)

I started laughing helplessly (it's been a long week), remembering when, years ago in our Orange County neighborhood, new cars started disappearing off the street. Gossip had it that the police chief in Tijuana was ordering cars by make, model and color as gifts for his friends.

pacificobob - 6-17-2018 at 05:35 PM

best of luck to you and your husband during this difficult time.

SFandH - 6-17-2018 at 06:16 PM

Glad hubby made it home. Sounds like it is time to look around for another car.

Does anybody have a good deal for GypsyJan in Rosarito? Maybe with a locater gizmo attached?

woody with a view - 6-17-2018 at 06:17 PM

I’m in the hood close to the border. U2U me some parking lots and I’ll check it out for you.

tjsue - 6-17-2018 at 07:33 PM

My 19 year Chevy Astrovan was just stolen sometime during the night on Friday. When the officer called me with the case number, I told him that it was probably in Mexico by now, and his reply was, "I hope not."

BajaBlanca - 6-18-2018 at 03:02 PM

Time to have locator gizmos is right.

So sad that the car was most likely stolen.

My recommendation for buying used cars is to go to the Hertz used car lot in East County.

The prices are excellent and final - there is no haggling, the car engines are all given a once over and guaranteed to be in good shape and the salesmen are really friendly. I bought 3 different vehicles from them, back in the day.

woody with a view - 6-18-2018 at 04:24 PM

I bought one from Hertz. Would do it again.

SFandH - 6-18-2018 at 05:25 PM

Just went to the Hertz website. Looks like a great way to find a late model low mileage car. Thanks for the tip.

https://www.hertzcarsalessandiego.com/