BajaNomad

Henri's Dog (left with Pancho by its traveling owner)

David K - 6-26-2018 at 08:22 AM

I posted this in the Pancho (has died) thread, but as this is maybe important enough to have its own thread (as many of us animal lovers can relate) to get as many eyes on it as possible?

Emails:

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018, 1:55 PM Henri Camou:
"Hi David
Back in March i left my dog on Panchos care while i was on a trip to Europe
I am back and ready to go down there as planned
Do you have Joses contact ?? Or anybody who can inform me
Thanks Henri"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 9:17 PM, David Kier:
Hello,
No, I don't know José.
Maybe check Baja Nomad in the thread on Pancho?
If I can help, I will!
David
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Pancho
Henri Camou
Yesterday, 7:10 PM

"I cannot suscribe to the blog
Do you mind to place a word in it for me
Just ask if anybody knows what happen to my little BIN a black hairy c-cker spaniard kind of dog that a lot of foxes know
I will be there asap in a few days
Is anybody taking over Panchos place ????
Merci. Henri"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

José being the rancher nearby to San Rafael who tried to save Pancho. I am sure Henri would greatly appreciate any news. He has the link to Baja Nomad to read replies and I will email him any, as well.

AKgringo - 6-26-2018 at 08:54 AM

I stopped to visit Pancho on about the 25th of March. I did not see any dog at his camp other than Paloma, a small blond critter that bossed my big girl around.

David K - 6-26-2018 at 04:49 PM

Thanks AK!

Bajazly - 6-27-2018 at 12:41 PM

I believe the dog in question is a medium size black dog. I asked Mexicali Jose what happened to the dogs and he said Ranchero Jose had them. The rancho is about a mile North of San Rafael on the west side of the road. The first well used turn off to the left, heading north, will go to the rancho.

woody with a view - 6-27-2018 at 03:52 PM

if I was that dog I'd bite Henri for abandoning me.

David K - 6-28-2018 at 11:37 AM

In all fairness to Henri, he let the dog continue 'the Baja vacation' in care of Pancho while Henri went back to Europe for a couple months. Pancho dying was not foreseen by anyone. I would guess that Pancho liked the dog and offered to let it stay.

David K - 7-28-2018 at 08:02 AM

Henri emailed me last night, July 27:

So I went on Panchos grave at Bahia , and then at S Rafael to find out that my dog died a couples weeks after Pancho;
Jose told me she refused to eat …..
Panchos place is now empty since Jose has taken everything out to the ranch….he is waiting for some kind of a permit to take over himself
Of course Pancho himself will be irreplaceable and I will probably never go back there;;;;;;;Regards Henri