BajaNomad

Auto shipper from SD to Los Cabos?

NickRod - 7-7-2018 at 12:46 PM

Sending a Ram 3500 south, was referred to Tom @ Baja Wheeling by multiple people but he's on holiday until winter. Any other good shippers you guys can recommend? Cheers, and thanks.

El Jefe - 7-7-2018 at 07:03 PM

I sent you an email regarding driving your pickup down. Maybe we can work something out. Tom

NickRod - 7-12-2018 at 12:31 PM

Thanks Tom, will reach out to you to discuss further.

El Jefe - 7-12-2018 at 02:01 PM

Looks like the other deal that would have facilitated this did not pan out so I can't help you after all. But at least this post got a bump up to the top of the page again. Any one else out there have an idea for NickRod?

PaulW - 7-12-2018 at 07:53 PM

Can you find a friend or pay someone to drive it down?

mtgoat666 - 7-12-2018 at 09:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by NickRod  
Sending a Ram 3500 south, was referred to Tom @ Baja Wheeling by multiple people but he's on holiday until winter. Any other good shippers you guys can recommend? Cheers, and thanks.

plenty of pensioners here that will drive it down for the price of fuel, hotels, meals, booze and air fare back. so it would cost you about $1,000 US to get truck from san diego to cabo.

NickRod - 7-13-2018 at 02:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

plenty of pensioners here that will drive it down for the price of fuel, hotels, meals, booze and air fare back. so it would cost you about $1,000 US to get truck from san diego to cabo.

Sweet, can you refer any?

aburruss - 7-13-2018 at 09:50 AM

When do you need this delivered by? If you can wait a couple months, I'd gladly drive it down.

NickRod - 7-13-2018 at 04:18 PM

Shooting for mid august. Sorry Aburruss, this is a lot of trust to extend. Not really comfortable w/ the idea of this being your first post here.

NickRod - 7-18-2018 at 08:42 PM

Anyone have any experience w/ ACV logistics? Think we are going w/ them. $1300 from SD to Cabo trailered/enclosed/insured.

aburruss - 7-18-2018 at 11:58 PM

Nickrod, I completely understand. I’ve Been lurking here for a while and haven’t had a reason to post yet. I can’t do August anyway, with a baby on the way. But we are planning on taking our new addition down when she’s about 6 weeks for her first amazing Baja excursion!

Wife introduced me to Baja a couple years ago as part of her family’s race team and family vacations, I’m hooked.!!!

I hope you find a good solution for this transport!

-A

David K - 7-19-2018 at 06:24 AM

The best first post could be an introduction to tell us about yourself and what it is about Baja that attracts you to go where the media warns that death awaits you, lol! Tell us about your favorite places. Photos would be great. The General Baja Discussion forum is probably the place to post that. :light::cool:

volcano - 7-19-2018 at 06:42 AM

I've used acv logistics repeatedly, but not for a vehicle...did not know they did those. Honest, timely, do what they say they are going to do.

BajaUtah - 7-19-2018 at 06:44 AM

Anyone have any experience w/ ACV logistics? Think we are going w/ them. $1300 from SD to Cabo trailered/enclosed/insured.

I used ACV when I was building in 2014. 3 separate shipments of doors and windows, kitchen gear and furnishings. All delivered without damage to the job site. I shipped from my shop in SLC to their warehouse and they stored them until I needed them on site.

I would use them again without a second thought.

soylent_green - 7-19-2018 at 10:01 PM

X3 on ACV.
Professional and reputable . Used them both for my business and for personal use 5+ years.

[Edited on 7-20-2018 by soylent_green]

NickRod - 7-20-2018 at 09:05 AM

Awesome, thanks so much guys, just what i wanted to hear.