BajaNomad

Los Lobos: Acoustic En Vivo

BajaVida - 3-8-2005 at 08:01 AM

I friend just gave me this new CD, even autographed by them when they played in Lodi last weekend. It is a must for any Baja traveler. It contains some of the music they play. But don't expect La Bamba.

Can't wait to listen to it while driving through Catavina in April.

(Cesar Rosas):cool:

[Edited on 3-8-2005 by BajaVida]

Just another band from East L.A.

El Vergel - 3-8-2005 at 08:05 AM

My baby and I got to see them last weekend at UCLA's Royce Hall. The best!

I once saw them perform 3 times in a 30 hour period

BajaVida - 3-8-2005 at 09:09 AM

in Davis and Sacramento in the late 70s

I have their first album (as in 33 rpm LP), Just Another Band from East LA (if you don't count Si Se Puede), still sealed in plastic, never been played.

[Edited on 3-8-2005 by BajaVida]

Last year it was Johnny Chingas

thebajarunner - 3-8-2005 at 10:15 AM

Spending hours and days with Baja Vida in the front of my F-150 with the great CD player is amazing.
Los Lobos will be a big improvement over Johnny Chingas (last year) and Johnny Cash (the year before)

Baja Arriba!!

elgatoloco - 3-8-2005 at 10:47 AM

When I was growing up in Alhambra we saw them perform in Lincoln Park (early 70's) a few times. Always a fun time.

Their version of Sabor A Mi is our favorite. It was our first dance at our wedding!

first dance at my wedding, too

BajaVida - 3-8-2005 at 11:23 AM

I even called Conrad to book them for my wedding. The wanted $1000 plus travel expenses of $800 but that was beyond my budget.:no: (that was a long time ago)

elgatoloco - 3-8-2005 at 01:40 PM

BajaVida

That would have been BIG fun. Wonder how much it would take these days??

What part of April will you be blasting the tunes thru Catavi?a??

I figure at least $10 K

BajaVida - 3-8-2005 at 02:24 PM

we leave on 4/7 and should be in Catavina by noon on 4/8 heading to Bahia de los Angeles

elgatoloco - 3-8-2005 at 03:04 PM

Have Fun!!

We are heading south on the 24th of April for the BIG elgatoloco Baja Sur birthday bash and nude midnight swim! :lol:

Catavina

thebajarunner - 3-8-2005 at 03:58 PM

Matt, we should also be spending the night at Catavina en route home on April 14. (We usually camp out North of town on the West side of the highway, down one of the side roads.)
As to the nude swim, if you ever glimpsed our version of "The Baja Boyz" you would join in the clamor to reclothe the troops.

Baja Arriba!!

elgatoloco - 3-9-2005 at 12:48 PM

HAVE FUN!

LABay drive by

thebajarunner - 3-9-2005 at 05:42 PM

Matt, didn't we sort of agree that this time last year our tribe was just pulling out of BOLA as you guys were unloading your gear at La Gringa?
Are you sure that we will once again 'pass in the night'??
We will be there until April 14, then head for Catavina and NorCal.
Have a great trip down, sorry we will miss you.
The nude swim party sounds exceptional, assuming you have the right cast of characters to enjoy it.

Baja Arriba!!

pappy - 3-9-2005 at 09:17 PM

back in the 80's they use to play a lot up in SLO town-a couple times they opened for the red hot chili peppers.anyway, i am a big fan of los lobos and the new cd is great!:yes:

elgatoloco - 3-10-2005 at 12:23 AM

tbr

yes that was you heading out whilst we were heading in. I rue the fact that I did not come help you load all your crap in your vehicles, but I figured there was no beer left anyways and.........:P

We are continuing the tradition of using the booksigning/agavefest at the Pyramid Resort,this year on April 23rd as our launching pad south for at LEAST two weeks in Baja. Until then it's work work work.

:saint:

Keep the shiny side up and I WILL look for your road report! Careful going thru LA!

:cool:

we'll remember that crazy cat

BajaVida - 3-10-2005 at 06:32 AM

BTW we always have beer

some people need it more than others

I am sure you have learned of Lalo Guerrero's passing at 88

BajaVida - 3-19-2005 at 06:23 AM

one of his first groups was called Lalo Guerrero y Sus Cinco Lobos

anyone know if Los Lobos borrowed the name?

burritomama - 3-19-2005 at 08:43 AM

I don't know but I always thought this guy :cool: looked like Cesar.

:rolleyes:

[Edited on 3-19-2005 by burritomama]