BajaNomad

La Comer: SJ del Cabo

caj13 - 7-21-2018 at 11:37 AM

Not sure how many know or need this info, I know most of you are driving, but they have opened a La Comer right at the end of the tollroad spur into SJdel Cabo.
This place was pretty amazing to me, clean, wide Isles, huge selection of electronics, applicances, their meat and cheese dept is huge - both fresh and prepared you could even buy a whole 30 lb tuna. secret place for cut bait - as both the small whole squid, slabs of the Humboldt species, shrimp etc, all at prices far cheaper than other options, fruits and veggies - wide assortment, US & mexican. huge alcohol selection, in house bakery with huge selections, tires, you name it, i guess I wouls say it's like a walmart superstore, but stuff especially food better quality.

For those who can't live without it there is a macdonalds and a starbucks in the mall, and the view from the court is of the sea of cortez.

In the past, we would travel to SJD, road trip it to Costco, then head off for LB, or somewhere else on the east cape, this place is much easier, and quicker, with much wider slections. Ex pats - it looked to me like a really good place to buy flat screen TV, refrigerators, stoves steroes etc, no hauling it across the border!