Russ - 7-22-2018 at 02:24 PM

My wind thingy died.

Bob and Susan - 7-22-2018 at 04:32 PM

on the bay it's 5:30pm and I have 95.4f outside and 80.1f inside

breeze is 4mph

fishbuck - 7-22-2018 at 04:35 PM

Nice!

mtgoat666 - 7-22-2018 at 04:42 PM

High pressure gonna be building over the sw this week, epsecially hot tues and wed, in San Diego and North baja.

Global warming!

You know, if we could get Vladimir to make climate change a priority, the Donald would change his tune! And the GOP me-toos would follow right along :bounce: :biggrin:

David K - 7-22-2018 at 05:02 PM

It's called "summer" :light:

blackwolfmt - 7-22-2018 at 07:02 PM

I like the Heat Index reading 114 whooo!!:coolup:

DK you can"t deny the climate is a changin and the averages temps are going UP UP UP!!!:O:O:O

rts551 - 7-22-2018 at 07:44 PM

95 inside is unbearable Rus. Time to head to the Pacific. 80 in Abreojos today.

David K - 7-23-2018 at 08:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  
I like the Heat Index reading 114 whooo!!:coolup:

DK you can"t deny the climate is a changin and the averages temps are going UP UP UP!!!:O:O:O

There is no denying.
This winter the temps will be going down-down-down (again). The climate has always been changing. It gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter. We call that 'normal weather'. None of us live long enough to experience personally 'climate change' unless we move to a different climate.
I grew up here in San Diego County. In the 70s, we had hotter days and longer periods of over 100° too. In the 80s, we had colder nights in the winter than ever before. The longer we live, the more extremes we will witness. To have a few days this week of around 100° will be more like it was 40 years ago and nothing new, to me.
Let's say the climate is changing more than 'normal'. What are you going to do that will stop the change beyond the good things we are doing to be cleaner (if that really affects climate)?

rts551 - 7-23-2018 at 01:32 PM

And even more warm today!

David K - 7-23-2018 at 01:39 PM

Just had lunch with the wife, a nice dry 90°F here in San Marcos at noon and 1 pm. Nothing 'warmer' yet! How is Tucson doing?

bezzell - 7-23-2018 at 01:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Just had lunch with the wife, a nice dry 90°F here in San Marcos at noon and 1 pm. Nothing 'warmer' yet! How is Tucson doing?

this forum is titled 'General Baja Discussion'

rts551 - 7-23-2018 at 02:01 PM

I don't know. Ask Sarah. 80 in Punta Abreojos.

mtgoat666 - 7-23-2018 at 02:24 PM

It is ridiculous that the climate change deniers say human activity is incapable of significantly changing the atmosphere. There are many examples of life forms changing the biosphere. Life itself (algae) was responsible for creating the first oxygen enriched atmosphere necessary for diversity of life that occurred in the Paleozoic. Before algae there was no appreciable oxygen content.
Another example: mans use of chlorinated pesticides, such as ddt, nearly destroyed many species, before man wised up and banned most of the nasty pesticides.
There are mucho humanoids - their impact is staggering, from wiping out species, eliminating entire forests and ecosystems, to changing the atmosphere.
The amount of air emissions from man is staggering, it is pretty easy to calculate the volumes of greenhouse gasses produced by man over time, and understand that man’s impact is extraordinary.
It is amusing that the deniers trust science when it suits them, and deny it when it doesn’t. But such contradiction is proof that the deniers don’t understand science, they just are being human, reacting to their selfish instincts.

mtgoat666 - 7-23-2018 at 02:25 PM

It’s over 100 here in east San Diego county

fishbuck - 7-23-2018 at 02:53 PM

83 here in Newport. Soo comfortable.
San Quintin says 78. I bet it is absolutely beautiful there right now!

[Edited on 7-23-2018 by fishbuck]

Meany - 7-23-2018 at 05:32 PM

Turn on that Air Russ.

Marc - 7-24-2018 at 06:45 AM

In Palm Springs it's 120º. We send the ground keepers and gardeners home.
Meanwhile here in San. Francisco.......

[Edited on 7-24-2018 by Marc]

[Edited on 7-24-2018 by Marc]

mtgoat666 - 7-24-2018 at 07:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  
In Palm Springs it's 120º. We send the ground keepers and gardeners home.

Noblesse oblige, magnifique!

I hope you paid them when you sent them home. Or at least gave them a ration of beans and rice.

shari - 7-24-2018 at 07:54 AM

Here in glorious Asuncion this beautiful Tuesday morning I have a long sleeve shirt and had to put a vest on to ward off the chill at 71 degrees...woooo hoooo

the fresh Pacific air is full of ions with a big fat swell thundering in....exhilarating!!!

SFandH - 7-24-2018 at 08:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  

the fresh Pacific air is full of ions with a big fat swell thundering in....exhilarating!!!

Those would be negative ions, purportedly to be good for your health.

https://www.webmd.com/balance/features/negative-ions-create-...

https://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/mind-body/wellbeing/negative-...

Life on a Pacific Ocean beach is the best!

But it will be warmer than usual today, at least in Socal.

[Edited on 7-24-2018 by SFandH]

tiotomasbcs - 7-24-2018 at 11:07 AM

Drink lots of water or whatever your preference. Not exactly dry air either. Anyone with A/C in Chivato, Russ?? eebmike showing a huge thunderstorm cloud moving over from Mainland towards Loreto, Mulege, Chivato. Gonna be Hot the next few days!! Enjoy?! :o:bounce: Tio

Alm - 7-24-2018 at 01:00 PM

Let's say the climate is changing more than 'normal'. What are you going to do that will stop the change beyond the good things we are doing to be cleaner (if that really affects climate)?

Yes, David, let's say this globe is round.

Doubting that humans activity affects the climate is like doubting the law of conservation of energy.

David K - 7-24-2018 at 01:23 PM

How are you going to stop "human activity" and once you do, and climate doesn't change the way YOU want it to, then what?

At some point, you need to consider science and the fact that solar radiation, volcanic eruptions, the earth's axis, and a list of other NATURAL factors are what change the climate.

If it takes mankind to change the climate then how did it change before man? It changed from cold to hot to cold, over and over before automobiles and factories and power plants.

I am all for clean living and advances in ecology, but to blame humans for changing Natural events or having the ability to reverse the Natural trend the earth is already in, is very science-fiction. Give Nature some credit and learn to adapt like other intelligent animals do.

bezzell - 7-24-2018 at 02:43 PM

Text
How are you going to stop "human activity" and once you do, and climate doesn't change the way YOU want it to, then what?

EXCELLENT QUESTION! THERE'S NO STOPPING HUMAN ACTIVITY. YOU'RE RIGHT. (climate will never change 'on a dime' as you're kinda implying here ... that's ridiculous and a BLATANT example of somebody having zero knowledge of how climate works)

At some point, you need to consider science and the fact that solar radiation, volcanic eruptions, the earth's axis, and a list of other NATURAL factors are what change the climate.

HISTORICALLY 100% ACCURATE.
NOW WE HAVE EVIDENCE (you are unable to see) THAT THERE'S AN ADDITIONAL FORCE TO CONSIDER (throwing tons of carbon / methane / water vapor etc in the air) AND IT'S THE RATE OF CHANGE THAT'S THE PROBLEM. YOUR SUGGESTION THAT 'SCIENCE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED' IS INSANELY 'RICH' COMING FROM YOU.

If it takes mankind to change the climate then how did it change before man? It changed from cold to hot to cold, over and over before automobiles and factories and power plants.

??? YOU'VE ALREADY LISTED SOME VARIABLES ABOVE
(wtf)

I am all for clean living and advances in ecology, but to blame humans for changing Natural events or having the ability to reverse the Natural trend the earth is already in, is very science-fiction. Give Nature some credit and learn to adapt like other intelligent animals do.

SCIENCE!!! HAS SHOWN US THE STRUGGLE (and extinction) ALREADY STARTED DUE TO THE INABILITY!! FOR MANY CREATURES TO ADAPT
(why do you think it's currently referred to as the 'sixth mass extincion'??
lemme guess ... you don't believe it.)

I'm thinking you and Dennis Prager would get along great! :o

David K - 7-24-2018 at 04:11 PM

Who? If he likes Baja and can be nice, I am sure we would as I do with everyone else I have met.

This need to believe in far-off predictions is important to you, I see. That is great to believe in something. For so many, man-made climate change (formerly known as 'global warming') is like a religion. I do not put you down for your religious beliefs, you have every right. It just seems that you fail to see the facts of past recorded history or even that the sea is virtually unchanged in the last few generations, despite all the radical hysteria that man (not Nature) is changing the planet. I contend that Nature is far greater than man and will continually correct any imbalances on the planet.

I do not insist you believe me or your own eyes (the proof is right there) but you are all worked up if I don't accept your far-out predictions of doom and gloom. Have faith that everything will be all right.

bezzell - 7-24-2018 at 04:42 PM

Who? If he likes Baja and can be nice, I am sure we would as I do with everyone else I have met.

This need to believe in far-off predictions is important to you, I see. That is great to believe in something. For so many, man-made climate change (formerly known as 'global warming') is like a religion. I do not put you down for your religious beliefs, you have every right. It just seems that you fail to see the facts of past recorded history or even that the sea is virtually unchanged in the last few generations, despite all the radical hysteria that man (not Nature) is changing the planet. I contend that Nature is far greater than man and will continually correct any imbalances on the planet.

I do not insist you believe me or your own eyes (the proof is right there) but you are all worked up if I don't accept your far-out predictions of doom and gloom. Have faith that everything will be all right.

people get worked up b/c of how insane it is that you like science over here ... but not over there.
HOPEFULLY, you are 100% right. Unfortunately, all climate science indicates otherwise.

[Edited on 7-25-2018 by bezzell]

BajaBlanca - 7-24-2018 at 07:25 PM

We had rain (just a sprinkle) and thunder - real thunder that upset Rex until he could sit right next to me inside the house!

It was a cool day with a lot of wind. Really nice.

lewmt - 7-24-2018 at 07:43 PM

"How are you going to stop "human activity" and once you do, and climate doesn't change the way YOU want it to, then what? "

Best way to stop human activity is for all the Alarmists to quit exhaling! Ponder the enormity.....they become so dedicated to their cause and cease to exhale for the catastrophic consequences caused by their own breath. After all every human breath exhausted is just CO2 right? The ultimate pebble in a pond. Ponder the rest of us deniers watching in amazement at the true dedication of their belief manifesting itself ultimately in the improvement and life sustaining enhancement of our very planet. Ultimately even the most die-hard non-believer could be moved to ultimately question their own behavior.....Try it lest you be a mere hypocrite.