BajaNomad

earthquake Ensenada 5 min ago

Bruce R Leech - 7-25-2018 at 01:26 PM

earthquake Ensenada 5 min ago

Bruce R Leech - 7-25-2018 at 01:33 PM

4.4 magnitude earthquake 6 km from Fraccionamiento del Valle, Baja California, Mexico
15 minutes ago
UTC time: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 20:17 PM
Your time: Wednesday, July 25 2018 1:17 PM
Magnitude Type: mlr
USGS page: M 4.4 - 32km ENE of Ensenada, B.C., MX
USGS status: Not reviewed by a seismologist
Reports from the public: 7 people

David K - 7-25-2018 at 02:08 PM

Just over a mile north of 'downtown' Ojos Negros!
Click: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/ci38230144...

bajabuddha - 7-25-2018 at 02:20 PM

3 aftershocks up till now,
2.6 @ 13:42
3.0 @ 13:45
3.2 @ 13:58

bajatrailrider - 7-25-2018 at 04:16 PM

Was in Walmart could not feel anything as I was shaking looking at pretty girl.

bezzell - 7-25-2018 at 06:58 PM

oh PLEASE! You're falling for this nonsense being pushed by scientists?
I never felt this so-called earthquake!
Of course scientists are going to make these reports!! how else do you think they retain grants to keep their jobs??
jesus, it's like you worship earthquakes! becomes like a religion for you suckers. there's no evidence here of any earth-moving nonsense.
pffffttt FAKE NEWS!!

ps any of you losers that believe in earthquakes should just STOP WALKING causing vibrations, otherwise you're just hypocrits!!!

bajaric - 7-26-2018 at 05:56 AM

I felt the quake! Sitting in a chair, central San Diego, one very slight bump, and I thought, bet that was an earthquake in Baja. According to Minch, a fault line runs west-east across Baja from the Todos Santos Islands to near San Matais. It is called the Agua Blanca fault. The Agua Blanca is just a little baby fault line compared to the San Andreas.

BajaMama - 7-26-2018 at 06:43 AM

I hope Mex 1 Toll Road survives...

David K - 7-26-2018 at 06:49 AM

The Free Road Mex 1 (toll road is Mex 1-D) is a nice drive and well maintained from where it leaves the coast by La Misión to El Tigre to where it rejoins with the coast highway. Plus it more closely follows El Camino Real and passes right in front of Mission San Miguel (it is in the schoolyard in La Misión). :biggrin:

V6G3B7 - 7-26-2018 at 08:17 AM

V6G3B7 - 7-26-2018 at 08:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaric  
I felt the quake! Sitting in a chair, central San Diego, one very slight bump, and I thought, bet that was an earthquake in Baja. According to Minch, a fault line runs west-east across Baja from the Todos Santos Islands to near San Matais. It is called the Agua Blanca fault. The Agua Blanca is just a little baby fault line compared to the San Andreas.

Click on the map IN THIS LINK to turn on interactive features, other faults, zoom, etc.

elgatoloco - 7-26-2018 at 09:05 AM

:lol::lol::lol:
SOS

Quote: Originally posted by bezzell  
oh PLEASE! You're falling for this nonsense being pushed by scientists?
I never felt this so-called earthquake!
Of course scientists are going to make these reports!! how else do you think they retain grants to keep their jobs??
jesus, it's like you worship earthquakes! becomes like a religion for you suckers. there's no evidence here of any earth-moving nonsense.
pffffttt FAKE NEWS!!

ps any of you losers that believe in earthquakes should just STOP WALKING causing vibrations, otherwise you're just hypocrits!!!

David K - 7-29-2018 at 11:51 AM

4.0 quake Sunday, a bit further east from the Ojos Negros quake:
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/ci38232616...

BajaBlanca - 7-29-2018 at 11:56 AM

Some of my students JUST moved to Ensenada and TJ last week - I bet these earthquakes are going over really well -nooooooooooooooot

:o:o:o

David K - 7-29-2018 at 12:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Some of my students JUST moved to Ensenada and TJ last week - I bet these earthquakes are going over really well -nooooooooooooooot

:o:o:o

If they look at a map of Mexico they can see that Baja California fits snug against Sonora, Sinaloa, and Nayarit, with Cabo San Lucas just north of Puerto Vallarta. To move the California peninsula north takes a whole lotta shaking and it is still moving north along with the rest of the Pacific Plate.